Author Topic: Basic font for ALL border text  (Read 24171 times)

M-dub

Re: Basic font for ALL border text
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »
Although custom fonts are useful and all that, I still say Autodesk should make changes to their RomanS font and ADD new symbols!  Don't replace anything that exists already, just change the I's, and O's, etc. and add more special characters!

That's my argh for the day... so far.  :)

And heck, our AutoCAD 2008 just arrived today, so maybe we'll find that the DID update it.. ( Notice I'm not holding my breath )

Josh Nieman

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 09:41:09 AM »
Yea, don't hold your breath, for sure.

I think updating an existing font would be hellacious.  Then you have to worry about who has what version of the font.

M-dub

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »
Then you have to worry about who has what version of the font.

Why would I have to worry?  Just off the top of my head, I don't see any major issues, as long as they don't replace any existing characters (except for the I's and O's, etc.)

Josh Nieman

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 09:48:45 AM »
Then you have to worry about who has what version of the font.

Why would I have to worry?  Just off the top of my head, I don't see any major issues, as long as they don't replace any existing characters (except for the I's and O's, etc.)

Well whatever symbols you add... if they aren't defined in the old font, and someone doesn't have the new one, it'll show up as a ?, typically.  So you may use a new unicode symbol definition such as "/u+8-Niner-31" or something, but if that isn't a defined code (like it wouldn't be, in the old font) then it doesn't know what symbol to show.

M-dub

« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 09:59:41 AM »
D'oh!  What is going on today?!?  My brain is not functioning properly!  You're right... Well, I'd go on a crusade to update everyone's Roman* fonts, no matter which version they had!

OT ~ My second argh of the day is the latest Windows Update imposed on us from IT.  Anyone else get this stupid new Windows Desktop Search thing installed?!?!  I'll give you a hint... just look for "Use search companion" and you'll get the old one you're used to back.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 10:30:15 AM »
D'oh!  What is going on today?!?  My brain is not functioning properly!  You're right... Well, I'd go on a crusade to update everyone's Roman* fonts, no matter which version they had!

OT ~ My second argh of the day is the latest Windows Update imposed on us from IT.  Anyone else get this stupid new Windows Desktop Search thing installed?!?!  I'll give you a hint... just look for "Use search companion" and you'll get the old one you're used to back.

Not yet, but thanks for the heads up.

CADaver

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 12:36:29 AM »