Author Topic: Help with Attribute Rotation problem  (Read 6695 times)

AVCAD

Help with Attribute Rotation problem
« on: October 23, 2007, 11:57:30 AM »
Ok...This is probably really easy for you guys but I am at a loss.

We have these standard toolbars that insert symbols and they scale automatically based off of what scale you want to draft at using a program that was written like 10 years ago.

We are upgrading to 2006 and the code that was previously written still works fine except there are embedded layering in the program that needs to change and I can't because the original unprotected code doesn't exist here anymore....go figure.

Anyways heres the problem.

In a Block, if you have attributes. Once you insert that block to a drawing and say its a power symbol, and the needs to be rotated (any degree it can be 0-360) how can you make that attribute in the block stay at 0 no matter what. I know it can be done because it is currently doing it, but I Have to rewrite this code and I cant figure out the last guy did it...

I know where to change it at, if I double click the block and then go to the TEXT option tab you can change the rotation there back to 0 but I don't want to go through that on every symbol.

I would post a video of it but I know how lol.

Thanks.

jonesy edit subject line changed

edited the subject line
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 03:36:50 PM by AVCAD »

deegeecees

Re: Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 12:04:24 PM »
Iterate through the block entities, find the attributes' rotation DXF (don't rightly know what the number is off-hand) and change it to 0.

Do this with every inserted block?

Do this in a separate action after insertion?

Do it with Lisp?

*after previewing LE's post*

Used LE's sugg. yet?

AVCAD

Re: Challenge! - Automatically scale symbols
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 12:48:57 PM »
I love the Bubble code you wrote its pretty cool.

But all i am looking for is that routine to to grab that attribute info and make it stay at rotation 0 when first inserted

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 12:56:46 PM »
I got code that does that, but i wont post it; ``challenge'', `challenge' for who?...This isnt a `challenge'.
TheSwamp.org (serving the CAD community since 2003)
Member location map - Add yourself

Donate to TheSwamp.org

deegeecees

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:57:12 PM »
You could use Torient in ACET as well.

Note: I'm not seeing the connection betwixed your intent, and the title of this thread.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 01:05:32 PM »
I got code that does that, but i wont post it; ``challenge'', `challenge' for who?...This isnt a `challenge'.

will be nice, to remove the word 'challenge' from the topic.... since it is basically a request.... (and as always, make sure to post what you have done so far)

I agree!! I dont like `phishing'.  ...``Challenge'' heh! My code to rotate att's is in plain ALisp and about 10-15 lines long. Dont post under the guize of a popular game to get code you need/want.

Donate to TheSwamp.org

uncoolperson

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 01:33:48 PM »
i remember a challenge that didn't get any submitted attempts because it was too difficult to do without having a purpose.

and now we're bashing on someone because they have a purpose in mind for a challenge of sorts?

deegeecees

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 01:38:54 PM »
i remember a challenge that didn't get any submitted attempts because it was too difficult to do without having a purpose.

and now we're bashing on someone because they have a purpose in mind for a challenge of sorts?

Not necessarily 'Bashing', but more of a "Callin' You Out" kind of feel here. In the first place the poster says he wants to "scale" symbols. There is nothing in the posters requests that suggests any type of scaling of anything. Second, anyone who puts "Challenge!" to start the thread topic, is merely attempting to entice someone into creating this for them. Not gonna happen here. I hope that clears things up a bit.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2007, 02:08:02 PM »
If you notice, the title was changed, the original title was just ``Challenge!''.

And no im not bashing, just saying that i dont agree with the tactics. Fell free to do as you wish, If i dont agree i wont participate. I may warn you that i dont agree, like i did here, but thats only to make a point (you can then choose to take it or leave it...i dont care either way.).

Donate to TheSwamp.org

AVCAD

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
actually your wrong, someone changed the title of this thread and it wasn't me. Although yes it did say Challenge

I have no clue why it says scale symbols this has nothing to do with scaling symbols.

Taking this personally a bit arn't you? I dont want you write anything I just wanted to know if there was an easy way of doing it, like a variable i access or how I can access the attribute info inside a block and chance it with out having to double click the block, but looks like some of you need to have a donut.

Thanks for the other who actually helped, guess I will go figure it out myself instead of asking for help so i didn't have to spend hours looking with no idea what I am looking for.

JohnK

• Administrator
  • Seagull
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 02:50:58 PM »

actually your wrong, someone changed the title of this thread and it wasn't me. Although yes it did say Challenge

I have no clue why it says scale symbols this has nothing to do with scaling symbols.

Taking this personally a bit arn't you? I dont want you write anything I just wanted to know if there was an easy way of doing it, like a variable i access or how I can access the attribute info inside a block and chance it with out having to double click the block, but looks like some of you need to have a donut.

Thanks for the other who actually helped, guess I will go figure it out myself instead of asking for help so i didn't have to spend hours looking with no idea what I am looking for.

Who's wrong? No one said anything to be wrong about. At the bottom of your initial post is a comment read it.

I *am* trying to help. And I dont know why you cant see that. If you honestly tried to ask, it was a very crappy attempt.

I am not taking anything personal; how could i? I dont care if you get your task complete. Its not a need of mine, so I have no stake in the matter other then to try and help you. And the only way I can see to help you is to tell you that your tactics of `asking' will not get you very far in this or future problems. So even though I found your tactics rude I offered help anyways. (Albeit in a rude manner, but that is how you ``treated me'' so I returned the favor. Are you angry at me for that?)

READ THIS!!
[ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html ]

Donate to TheSwamp.org

M-dub

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
Alright, alright...

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 03:01:41 PM »
   Avcad.  Could you please change the thread title to what you are looking for.  I don't think Jonesy really knew so she winged it.  No foul.

I think the OP could have titled the thread a little better but I personally didn't read his post as asking someone to write it for him.

Mountains and molehills people.  This is the great tube network. Make rude hand gestures towards the monitor at your convenience and move on to helpful things.

Please.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »
Careful with the hand gestures though, we don't want anyone getting hurt.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 03:14:45 PM »
Good thing I have an LCD.  Can't do that with those.