Author Topic: (C3D 2008) SP2 released today  (Read 7803 times)

dgreble

Re: (C3D 2008) SP2 released today
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2007, 09:24:29 AM »
Have installed and all seems to be stable for now.  No problems during install.  Hopefully not calm before the storm.

sinc

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
I have now installed it on three machines, with three different experiences.  One was error-free, one had an error that seemed to have no effect, and another had several different errors that also seemed to have no effect.

All three seem to be working fine, despite the different experiences in the install (so far, anyway)...

Craig Davis

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »
A number of people seem to be having problems with install errors.  And when it happens, they seem to have problems uninstalling/reinstalling.

I think I'll wait a bit and see if they can sort out why it happens for some folk and not others, and how to fix it if it happens.

Yes I'm one of those people.

Came up with the error to contact admin or what ever. Now shows that I've been updated to SP2 when I know it hasn't.

Try reinstalling the SP2 it says I'm up to date. Try uninstalling Civil3D completely from Control Panel Remove Programs and it comes up with an error.

I tried logging a support request in subscription centre and can't get that working. I'm just a little frustrated by it all.

Hence why I vented in the Vent section. :-)

Hopefully AutoDESK will come up with a fix soon.

sinc

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2007, 12:08:07 AM »
Autodesk has posted an updated version of the patch.

Evidently, this problem was caused by the piece that kept your profiles from being clobbered during install, which I mentioned earlier in this thread.  Their "fix" was to remove this code, so now the updated service pack will NOT keep your profiles during the install.  Make sure you back them up, so you can reload them after installation.

And it looks like the new service pack will not fix the error created by the old one.  You must completely uninstall and reinstall C3D, then apply the updated service pack.

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=620620

Craig Davis

« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2007, 12:17:53 AM »
Thanks sinc.

I can only hope I can uninstall C3D completely.

I tried to do that last night a number of times and I kept getting an error.

Thanks again.

It does make me feel better that Autodesk are sorry for the inconvenience.  :|

Craig Davis

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 09:19:55 AM »
Well I can't uninstall C3D. When I try to remove C3D in Remove Programs in Control Panel I get an error.

I guess I can either reinstall my whole system or wait for the next SP release.  :x

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 03:31:26 PM »
or,  open the Windows REGISTRY, and delete ALL entries for Civil 3D, delete the Folders on Hard Drive, re-boot
and THEN reinstall C3D without need to reformat machine.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
Insert obligatory "mess with registry at your own risk" comment ........  HERE.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 04:48:55 PM »
Insert obligatory "mess with registry at your own risk" comment ........  HERE.

It's not that big 'O deal Mav. :)
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 05:19:13 PM »
You know me.  All motherly and such.   :-D

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 05:51:48 PM »
Well I can't uninstall C3D. When I try to remove C3D in Remove Programs in Control Panel I get an error.

I guess I can either reinstall my whole system or wait for the next SP release.  :x

just for interests sake, what is the error ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

numa

« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 12:22:24 AM »
seriously, you can regedit the thing without any worries.  Your just vaporizing an application anyways.... 

go delete your autocad civil 3d directory in program files

delete the one under your docs and settings for the user including under local settings and app settings if there is one.  no problem, reboot, then install all is fixed.  Good service pack actually no terrible things happening at all for me.  NUMA

dgreble

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 10:06:38 AM »
check that on stability, things are starting to get a little wobbly.  have had more fatal errors - out of memory in the past few days than the past few weeks.

sinc

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:09 AM »
I've seen the "Error on Save - try running Recover on the drawing" message for the first time since 2007 SP3.

All in all, though, it *seems* to be better overall.  They added some new issues, but removed more issues, I think...

Note that they broke "Stepped Offset" for feature lines - the offset feature line is missing all intermediate elevation points (ones that are not at horizontal PIs).  I think this is the worst problem I've seen so far.

sinc

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 11:51:48 AM »
OK, it also seems there may be big problems involved in creating new styles with SP2.

I think they tried to fix the MOO errors, and screwed it up...  Haven't been able to figure out what's happening yet, but it seems like something is going horribly wrong...

Every time I try to edit a child style, it changes the parent.  Anybody else noticing this?