Author Topic: Hot fix - copy and paste --- dont work!  (Read 2420 times)

rainier

Hot fix - copy and paste --- dont work!
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
i have a problem in pasting an object from a higher version to a lower version autocad... and i tried the hot fix that autodesk provide...but do not work...

please help me... its useless....  :-(

thanks

M-dub

Re: Hot fix - copy and paste --- dont work!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 10:46:32 PM »
Just a suggestion, but what if you save the source drawing to the same release as the destination?

CADaver

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 11:06:00 PM »
Sorry you're out of luck there dude.  That was not the intent of the hot fix.  Not real sure why you're atempting such anyway, just open both files in the same session and save the one to the earlier release.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »
download true drawing convert.  Convert both files to 2008 and back to the release that you require.  that should fix your copy and paste problem

HTH

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

CADaver

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 09:46:56 AM »
download true drawing convert.  Convert both files to 2008 and back to the release that you require.  that should fix your copy and paste problem

HTH

Diarmuid
He's trying to cut from a later version and paste into an earlier version, if I understand him correctly.  If that's the case, he's just out of luck.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:47:50 AM »
could he not convert both files to the vesion he needs so?
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

Kate M

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »

I believe the OP wants to:
  • Open drawing in late-version AutoCAD
  • Open different drawing in early-version AutoCAD
  • Copy object from late-version AutoCAD
  • Switch to early-version AutoCAD & paste

Not gonna happen.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 04:18:33 PM »
save dwg as old version, wblock it out with delete option, insert in older dwg as block and explode
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

CADaver

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 05:27:04 PM »

save dwg as old version, wblock it out with delete option, insert in older dwg as block and explode

There are several alternative method of getting the info from one drawing to the other, including:
Sorry you're out of luck there dude.  That was not the intent of the hot fix.  Not real sure why you're atempting such anyway, just open both files in the same session and save the one to the earlier release.

I think he just misunderstood the intent of the Hot-Fix, and as he hasn't responded here yet, we may never know.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 04:46:56 AM »
no, no, no, i demand to Know right now, or i'm going to get all of my toys and throw them out of my cot.

:x

:lmao: :lmao: