Author Topic: Tool palette group name is now prefixed by palette name  (Read 1750 times)

ELOQUINTET

Tool palette group name is now prefixed by palette name
« on: October 16, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »
I have all of my users sharing a profile and the same tool palettes so I can easily add new items and everyone should be updated when I reload the profile. The main problem I am having at the moment is that my tool palette group names appear fine in the dialogue box but when in autocad every group name is prefixed with one of my palette names. For example one of my group names appears now like this

DYNAMIC HARDWARE - EXTRUSIONS AND ACCESSORIES

when before it appeared as

EXTRUSIONS AND ACCESSORIES

I tried deleting all of my groups and recreating them but get the same results. Does anyone have a clue what is going on?

ELOQUINTET

Re: Tool palette group name is now prefixed by palette name
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:31:34 PM »
I was thinking about something just now. I had read a post here recently about how people organize their dynamic blocks. I had been storing them as individual files but the post was about storing them all in one file. I put all of my blocks into one file and the first one I created was Dynamic Hardware so I was thinking that somehow an umbrella have have formed and is being applyed to all of our palettes now. I'm just trying to backtrack to what I did recently that might have caused this. When you guys create palettes from Dynamic block collections how do you do it. Do you open the file and copy and paste them into a palette or drag and drop the file from explorer?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:34:01 PM »
hmmm can't do it from explorer i guess as it brings in the whole drawing rather than the nested blocks

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »
I have all my dynamic blocks as individual files and then drag and drop them from explorer.

If you use the wblock command and select block as your source you can select a dynamic block and save it as an individual file.
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »
I know about that but I was reading on here about people who organize them in one file instead of individual. I am trying to trace why the name of my palette group doesn't match from dialogue to screen

Kate M

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 12:49:54 PM »
Works here in 2007 -- my "blue bar" says "Tool Palettes - RSA". You're just creating them in the "customize palettes" dialog?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 01:04:30 PM »
Yes Kate I'm creating them through the conventional dialogue box. See the screenshot below

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 01:08:54 PM »
Both in the dialogue and when I right click my groups are properly named but in the blue bar they are all prefixed with DYNAMIC HARDWARE -?

Kate M

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 01:15:29 PM »
Weird. I'm not sure why that would change? Does everybody's look like that? Restart/reboot/etc? (Okay, now I'm just guessing.) :-)

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 01:19:09 PM »
Yes the one guy's machine I was testing on has the same problem. I will restart but not very confident that will solve it but thanks for tryin  :wink:

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 09:25:57 AM »
after much troubleshooting I am attributing my problem to Autocad Service Pack. I have some users which do not have it installed and they are not having this problem. The display was not the only problem. When I updated others profiles theie palettes did not update consistently so beware. I eventually had to change the path to their local machines and that fixed it but I still have the prefix. I just wanted to give an update.