Author Topic: GrSnap and Object Snap Tracking  (Read 1513 times)

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
GrSnap and Object Snap Tracking
« on: August 09, 2023, 07:26:02 PM »
I know about LeeMac's Object Snap tool for grread: http://www.lee-mac.com/grsnap.html

Does anyone have a way to do Object Snap Tracking with it? i.e., along the line you are drawing when it intersects with something in the drawing, it snaps to the intersetion?

BIGAL

• Swamp Rat
  • 40 + years of using Autocad
Re: GrSnap and Object Snap Tracking
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2023, 09:19:40 PM »
Need more testing but have you tried (setvar 'osmode 32) before the grread.
A man who never made a mistake never made anything

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 05:34:24 AM »
Need more testing but have you tried (setvar 'osmode 32) before the grread.

grread purely captures input from an input device (mouse/keyboard/tablet) and does not honour Object Snap (or any other drawing aid for that matter), hence this will have no effect on the operation.

Lee Mac

• Seagull
  • London, England
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 05:35:38 AM »
I know about LeeMac's Object Snap tool for grread: http://www.lee-mac.com/grsnap.html

Does anyone have a way to do Object Snap Tracking with it? i.e., along the line you are drawing when it intersects with something in the drawing, it snaps to the intersetion?

The current version of the function does not support this functionality unfortunately; such functionality would need to be recreated in LISP from scratch and so could be challenging to develop and also have a significant performance overhead.

cmwade77

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 02:52:54 PM »
    Ok, I am very, very close to having this right, there are a couple of issues still, if anyone can help out, I would greatly appreciate it.

• If there is more than one osnap visible, osnap tracking can find the intersection point, but it doesn't stay on the intersection point.
    • OSNAP Tracking doesn't work if an entity is inside a view port and you are in paperspace.
    • Some of the graphical displays are not quite right, especially when working through a veiwport into modelspace
    • The sensitivity needs some tweaking in certain situations, I need more people to test for me
    • I have not figured out a way to mimic the extension osnap as of yet, that one may actually prove difficult from a performance standpoint though.
    • Snaps do not clear when hovering over them
    • Only intersection is working for object snap tracking, perpendicular is not yet included
    • Snaps do not clear when zooming in and out

ETA: I have updated the code to include fixes to the issues crossed out above.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 07:19:38 PM by cmwade77 »