Author Topic: Flat Pattern in Inventor 2008.  (Read 3746 times)

REDHEADEDCHIMP

Flat Pattern in Inventor 2008.
« on: October 03, 2007, 09:14:59 AM »
I was wondering is there any way to lock in a size of a flat pattern in a .dwg. The problem im having is when there is more than one size in a table for a flat pattern. The blank can only be inserted under a a active member not a specific size.

Josh Nieman

Re: Flat Pattern in Inventor 2008.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:29:44 AM »
I was wondering is there any way to lock in a size of a flat pattern in a .dwg. The problem im having is when there is more than one size in a table for a flat pattern. The blank can only be inserted under a a active member not a specific size.

You keep saying .dwg....

why?

Aren't you sticking with the .ipt files?

If it's a DWG... then it's a stupid file with no intelligence, just change the table entry.  If it's a .idw file linked to information from an .ipt then that's different.

REDHEADEDCHIMP

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 10:27:48 AM »
The reason I keep on saying .dwg is because in Inventor 2008 there is no more .idw they are only inventor .dwg. Anyways the flat pattern is linked to the .ipt in the drawing and your can only enter a flat pattern in to a drawing if it is the active member in the table. Is there a way to enter a flat pattern in to a drawing with it not being the active member.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 10:34:07 AM »
The reason I keep on saying .dwg is because in Inventor 2008 there is no more .idw they are only inventor .dwg. Anyways the flat pattern is linked to the .ipt in the drawing and your can only enter a flat pattern in to a drawing if it is the active member in the table. Is there a way to enter a flat pattern in to a drawing with it not being the active member.

Oh wow, I'm sorry, I'm obviously a bit outdated on Inventor... it's been since 2006 since I was active with it.  That's kind of strange, but I can see benefits there...

I am sorry, though that I can not help you beyond speculation.  My memories are a bit outdated.

JDMather

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 08:18:18 PM »
The reason I keep on saying .dwg is because in Inventor 2008 there is no more .idw they are only inventor .dwg.

You need to get some training.  IDW is the native Inventor drawing file format.  Yes dwg was added in r2008 but of course idw is still there.