Author Topic: DB's and Annotative blocks  (Read 4088 times)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
DB's and Annotative blocks
« on: September 27, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »
I don't use either yet, but looks like they could be helpful to some in other jobs, so I was wondering how well they work together?  And would there be any reason to have one block be both?
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Shinyhead

Re: DB's and Annotative blocks
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 03:48:24 PM »
They absolutely can be used together.  A simple example.
A section marker. Overall it is annotative to show at the correct scale depending on the scale of the viewport.  Dynamic because we have a single marker block that is a stretchable and rotateable section marker, rotateable elevation pointer and a simple callout bubble. This is all handled with rotation, flip, stretch and visibility states.  Its nice to have one button you click to drop that block and then just make it the "marker" you want and it is going to be scaled correctly in the viewport.

There are more examples, but thats probably the best way to consider how they can work together.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 04:01:35 PM »
I was just doing some quick little tests on detail callout bubbles, and when I made the block annotative the whole scaled up.  So if your 'marker' block got scaled up (after you stretched it) wouldn't that ruin the length of the stretch?  Or does it stay stretched to the point you stretched it no matter what scale the block becomes because of the annotative part?

If it all works correctly, and the dynamic parts stay where you put them after the annotative scaling take affects, then that is really cool.  :mrgreen:
Tim

Shinyhead

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 04:10:37 PM »
It does change them for each scale, but we don't normally show the same callout at different scales. For instance a section marker is only going to show up on the elevation. If I have a detail elevation, it isn't going to show up again there.

Basically we set cannoscale to what we want first, then drop the block in.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 05:02:36 PM »
Thanks Chris.  I will have to play around with some stuff today (or when I get a chance) to see what I can do with them.
Tim