Author Topic: Dyn Blks & Osnaps  (Read 4935 times)

akdrafter

Dyn Blks & Osnaps
« on: September 25, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »
Greetings All,

Been a while. Here is my dilemma....

I am venturing into the world of dynamic blocks and I have discovered a problem. At least it is a problem for me. I can't get Visibility States to work unless I have the "Windows Standard Behavior" "Shortcut menus in drawing area" checked. I usually had that "un-checked" because I use a Logitech MX518 and my right click was set to bring up the osnaps(Pop0). Yes... I use running osnaps... sometimes I need... say... perp or m2p (not running osnaps) and thus I need the osnaps pop.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
Re: Dyn Blks & Osnaps
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 07:04:05 AM »
I had the same problem in the begining.  try this

(setvar "shortcutmenu" 6)

This should allow the dynamic blocks to work as well as your snap menu (with time delay I believe)
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

akdrafter

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 11:51:33 AM »
Tim,

For whatever reason your suggestion did not work for me. However, what is working... for the time being anyway... is... I copied the commands that I don't use as running osnaps to the "Command Menu" under "Shortcut Menus". Gives me what I want and if I spent the time probably will end up adding more to that right click option... just cause.

Thanks for the help. Have an awesome day!

TimSpangler

• Water Moccasin
  • CAD Naked!!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »

(setvar "shortcutmenu" 22)

Sorry I think I had the wrong setting, This one should work.

I use osnap menu, and I have time sensetive right click menus and quick right click as enter and it also allows me to use vis states in dyn blocks.
ACA 2015 - Windows 7 Pro
All Comments and Content by TimSpangler, Copyright © 2016

akdrafter

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:52:34 PM »
Tim,

Again... thanks for the reply.

I just discovered that the snap issue is not an issue in 2008, but it is in 2006.