Author Topic: Lt scale  (Read 8470 times)

yyou

Lt scale
« on: July 20, 2004, 03:48:51 PM »
When I was in school, I was told to set lt scale to .5 or to be half of scale that is used for dwg.  I have been doing it since.  But why doesn't Autodesk fix the linetypes to be smaller so we can use the default LTS at 1?

M-dub

Lt scale
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2004, 03:53:12 PM »
That sounds like one of Murphy's Laws...

:lol:

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Lt scale
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2004, 09:15:18 PM »
you know the funny thing is, that in my office, the ltscale must be set to 16 in order for the plots to be correct. I had this guy recently started and he said... HEY your ltscale is wrong ... it says 16 ... I told him that it was required to be that to make it plot correctly and he tried to set it to 1 and start a new drawing... and ... then all lines plotted out as solid....interesting
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

t-bear

Lt scale
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2004, 09:43:07 PM »
Hmmmmm..... Ours is set to .25 to plot correctly.  Go figure

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Lt scale
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 09:55:24 PM »
The plot thickens ....  (pun intended)

When we plot from PS the ltscale (psltscale) must be set even larger to make the same view on the paper...

BUT...

when we import a drawing drawn in R14... we have to change the ltscale (and psltscale) to something like 0.125 to make it plot correctly....

and since the ltscale is setup as part of the housekeeping routine, we generally will cut and paste all geometry from a R14 to A2k2/4 and the linetype problem goes away...go figure... it is a problem we have learned to deal with...

sinc

Lt scale
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 09:56:19 PM »
I keep LTSCALE at 1 nearly all the time - the times that I set it to anything else are very few and far between.  But then, I almost always use the half-size versions of linetypes (like HIDDEN2 and CENTER2), rarely use the normal size versions, and never use the x2 versions.  I even created my own quarter-size linetypes for each (HIDDEN4, CENTER4, etc.) which I use occasionally.  I also defined my own fence linetype - those ARE way too big in Autocad's default.

Just out of curiousity, what sort of linetype definitions are you using that require an LTSCALE of 16?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Lt scale
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2004, 10:01:24 PM »
Believe it or not.... hidden, hidden2, dashed, center, fence, batting, among othes

Dent Cermak

Lt scale
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2004, 10:04:19 PM »
architectural drafting must really suck

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Lt scale
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 10:18:36 PM »
nope... there is no problem.... we just have it set to do the setting whenever we start a new drawing... it is automatically handled... and if you never looked for the ltscale variable, you wouldn't even know what was going on.... there are many things that I do "behind the scenes" to "force" compliance.....

I was recently battling with people to put dimensions on the DIM layer....it was becoming a problem... so... I made our drafters a little dumber... I simply put an event module in their startup that forces ALL dimensions onto the correct layer....one guy asked me today.."Hey how come my dimensions are on this layer?" I told him because I put them there... he looked at me funny and continued his work....

I need people who follow compliance issues a bit closer.....

CADaver

Lt scale
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2004, 07:26:49 AM »
We use 1/3 the dimscale for MS plots, or just 1/3 for PS plots with PSLTSCALE on.

You can fix your own linetypes so that you can use whatever ltscale you wish.  AutoCAD has left it as it was with R1 for legacy issues.

BREZI

Lt scale
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2004, 08:35:20 AM »
We multiply the scale of the drawing by 12.5, so if it was a 1:100 it would be 1250!

Don't know who came up with it, but it works!

Im building services by the way!

Kate M

Lt scale
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2004, 08:43:02 AM »
Keith, what's your PSLTSCALE set to?

We use LTSCALE=0.5, PSLTSCALE=1 -- I even made a macro to set them right before plotting...doesn't work with our metric drawings, unfortunately -- those need LTSCALE=10.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Lt scale
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2004, 09:49:23 AM »
PSLTSCALE is generally set to 0, that is because some of our drawings must be plotted from MS ... and as such, switching between the two is more a headache than simply setting it once and leaving it alone...it works and is efficient, and actually increases productivity because the person doing the drawing does not have to worry about the settings at all... it is all automatic...

Craig

Lt scale
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2004, 11:02:36 AM »
You guys got it good. Whoever setup our system here should be shot. It's not even worth my time to try to redo it all. My previous employer we typically ran LTSCALE = 1 and everything worked fine. Here our standard LTSCALE = 96. I was taught in school and just a general rule of thumb that my PS is ALWAYS 1:1, that way I NEVER have to screw with the plot scale. Well, here we constantly have to see what the scale is to make sure we are using the correct plot scale. Bring up the topic of changing? That will never happen

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
Lt scale
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2004, 11:04:52 AM »
poor guy