Author Topic: best resolution  (Read 4542 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
best resolution
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:16:05 PM »
What is the best way to get a good print from an Oce TDS320 plotter?  I have a solid model of my substation, and it prints to the 11x17 plotter and looks great, but when I try to print to 36x24, it looks like crap.  I have tried every setting I can think of, so Im open to any ideas
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Arizona

Re: best resolution
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 07:17:32 AM »
I know this is probably a silly question, but have you played with the settings on the printer itself?

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »
I know this is probably a silly question, but have you played with the settings on the printer itself?
Like what settings?  Resolution? Im at a loss here HAHA
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:23 AM »
David, It might be possible that the plotter can not output at the same resolution as the smaller output device.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:13:06 AM »
MJF, I thought of that, but how can I tell for sure?  I seem to remember getting some pretty good plots before.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »
What I had to do before was, plot it to pdf, then plot the pdf on the plotter.  The resolution was much better.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Arizona

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 01:04:03 PM »
Like what settings?  Resolution? Im at a loss here HAHA
Output quality is probably the same thing as resolution, different name?

Bob

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »
We've got one of these plotters.

Comes with a dedicated plot computer.

The resolution of the plotter for us is excellent for all sizes (we plot up to A0) for any application.

I don't know a great deal about it but everything was configured through the plot server computer.

If you are still having problems, I'll try and dump out our settings.

Let me know.

The best people to talk to would be OCE direct. Our contact in the UK is great.

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:52:30 PM »
I have been messing around with different Visual Styles in Autocad, and found that to be affecting the plots as much as anything else.  HIDEPRECISION=1 was a setvar I forgot about, and that seemed to make a huge difference.