Author Topic: oce plotter problem  (Read 1476 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
oce plotter problem
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:05:44 PM »
 :realmad: :x

aaaaarrrrggghhhhh

I am having a problem with my OCE 9400 plotter.

for some reason my plotter when printing an A0 plot (841,1189) it will cut the plot off with about 50mm (2") to go.  and i dont know why.  I have calibrated the plotter, i have checked the paper size (duh), i have made sure that the correct page size is bieng selected.  in other words, the plotter cuts the page to soon.  could anybody shed some light on this

thanks

Diarmuid
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 12:47:00 PM by M-dub »
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

FengK

Re: oce p[lotter problem
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:42:17 PM »
i'm only guessing what might have caused the problem: the plotter is trying to save paper for you.

draw a rectangle as the plot window in the layout you're trying to plot, and be sure it is not on a non-plot layer. what happens?

Arizona

Re: oce plotter problem
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 01:07:35 PM »
Has the machine been serviced lately?
There is a setting that is set by the Oce tech that controls that paper length as well. This setting needs readjusting every so often.

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:35:25 AM »
Found the problem,

some yahoo working with me here who has rights (but shouldn't have) to thsoe pc3 files was messing around with them, he updated the pc3 files and updated the relevant drivers on his machine,not everybody elses, but didn't realise the implications of  his actions.

short story:  problem sorted.

thanks for the replys folks.

BTW. Arizon, i will take that advice on board also, will get the serivice technician to look at the problem when service time comes

Thanks
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

brianbreslin

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 06:33:51 AM »
Make sure you make all your margins 0, in the pc3 file for all page sizes.