Author Topic: Subscript Font  (Read 1730 times)

M-dub

Subscript Font
« on: May 16, 2006, 09:59:33 AM »
Does anyone know of a common font / shx that contains subscript characters?
It would be a lot nicer when using the 'molecular formula' (or whatever it's called) on a P&ID.  Such as NH3, N2, H2O, etc.
Any Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
Re: Subscript Font
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 10:18:22 AM »
I have romans that uses super and sub, BUT you lose the {}[] characters
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

M-dub

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 10:32:37 AM »
Hmmm...We use those brackets too.  Thanks though ;)

The ideal font for us would be RomanS (with better defined 1's, 0's, I's, and O's) with lots of stacked fractions to choose from as well as Subscript and Superscript.  All available in Dtext (as opposed to Mtext).

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:46:25 AM »
I changed Romans to have 'I's with hats and shoes, and the zero has a slash,  and BTW, we switched back to [] so I took the sub/sup out.  You want to look at this font?
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

M-dub

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 11:13:54 AM »
Thank-you :)
I didn't see the difference with the zero, though.  How would I modify our own RomanS?  It seems I should know this, but I've never really HAD to before... :?

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »
did the zero have a slash?  I may have posted the wrong one.

To modify your shx file, you have to decompile to shp.  Then find the character you want to modify, and then add code for pen up pen down and line to draw.

M-dub

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 11:39:31 AM »
Nope, the zero didn't have the slash...

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
try this

M-dub

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 12:54:57 PM »
Ahh, cool :)

David Hall

• King Gator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 03:16:48 PM »
i never did fractions b/c they are to much of a pain in the butt.  If you can find a shx file you like that has them, copy it over into that romans.shp file

M-dub

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 11:03:23 AM »
If it's of any value to anyone... here you go.  (As if you didn't already have enough post-it notes plastered all over your walls :) )