Author Topic: (Microstation) Layer/level properties/symbology  (Read 2352 times)

pmvliet

(Microstation) Layer/level properties/symbology
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:22:21 AM »
Ok,

I am working on a job in which I originally did the drawings a year and a half ago.
I used V8 and created them from  a seed file. When I created the files,
I used level symbology, assigned colors and lineweights. I also used a specific colortable
for the client.

Now I receive the drawings and all the level assignments have been stripped. There are no weights
and the colortable has been defaulted to the acad colortable. my questions is, what has to be done
to strip all this information? Did they translate these files to Autocad and then back to Microstation?
Is there an easy way to re-populate this information. Keep in mind even the level symbology in reference
files have been wiped clean as well...

Any thoughts... and yeah, this is so annoying....

Pieter

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Layer/level properties/symbology
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »
No answer from me, other than to contact the source and ask them how the data has been fold, spindled, or mutilated?  Proceed to be amazed, amused, or shocked by the answers you get.
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

kindra

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:20 PM »
Does your level symbology reside in a .dgnlib file? Perhaps you could re-import it through level manager and see what happens?

I've never had this problem, but am curious to see what happens. Keep us posted, Pieter!

pmvliet

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:20:02 PM »
No answer from me, other than to contact the source and ask them how the data has been fold, spindled, or mutilated?  Proceed to be amazed, amused, or shocked by the answers you get.

This other company has routinely massacred drawings that were perfectly sound!!  :pissed:
Just very poor drafting on their part. I'm suspecting that they dropped the files into
Autocad then brought them back. There reasoning would be "microstation is too hard".

Well on Friday when I take the drawings in to review, I'll just sit back and see if they notice.
If they do, I'm gonna explain what has happened to the drawings....

pmvliet

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:21:00 PM »
Does your level symbology reside in a .dgnlib file? Perhaps you could re-import it through level manager and see what happens?

I've never had this problem, but am curious to see what happens. Keep us posted, Pieter!

I haven't set up a dgnlib for this client as of yet. maybe it's something I should look into.
Although this client has also mumbled about switching over to Autocad as well...

Thanks,
Pieter

CADaver

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:51:53 PM »
Dropping them into AutoCAD shouldn't have stripped that data unless they lost it translating back to Msta.  Saving it down to a version of Msta prior to "Level Symbiology" or turning it off might strip the info as well.