Author Topic: What makes a dynamic block "dynamic"?  (Read 4350 times)

What makes a dynamic block "dynamic"?
« on: August 31, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »
I've got a block with an alignment parameter in it and I've got some VBA code that counts and organizes dynamic blocks, but it seems to be skipping over the ones that only have an alignment parameter.  So what gives??!?

Kate M

Re: What makes a dynamic block "dynamic"?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »
I was playing with alignment parameters earlier today, and noticed that when it aligns the block to something, it actually changes the rotation angle of the block. In other words, there aren't any properties associated with the alignment parameter, like there would be with, say, a rotation parameter. I can't check now, but I would guess that blocks with only alignment parameters don't need to be assigned anonymous names, since they don't really have any dynamic properties, just an automatic rotation.

Don't know if that would have anything to do with why your code isn't working, but hope it helps anyway.

Mr Cory

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:42:51 PM »
I agree with Kate, i'd imagine thats why, you could try adding in a parameter with no actions and "show properties" set to 0 and see if your code works then

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 08:36:19 AM »
Thanks.  That's kinda what I was starting to think.

whdjr

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:50:35 AM »
That's an interesting thought Kate.  I had not thought of it that way before.  :-)