Author Topic: Best AutoLisp programming book?  (Read 14935 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Best AutoLisp programming book?
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2007, 09:48:45 PM »
My first AutoLisp book

I agree Randy, that's a pretty good starter. The author makes a statement that I think is critical ... do the exercises.

How to Use This Book

Each chapter offers exercises and sample programs that demonstrate some general concept regarding AutoLISP. Through these exercises, the book shows you how programs develop from ideas into finished, running programs. Also, the information you learn in one chapter will build on what you learned in the previous chapter. This way, your knowledge of AutoLISP will be integrated and cohesive, rather than fragmented. For this reason, the best way to use this book is to read each chapter in order and do all of the exercises. Since the topics are oriented toward accomplishing tasks rather than simply focusing on individual functions, you will have a good grasp of how to use AutoLISP in real world situations by the end of this book.

To preempt derogatory comment, I know I'm stating the seemingly obvious .. but it seems to be something that gets forgotten, to the detriment of the student.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.