Author Topic: How to convert any spline to pline?  (Read 12398 times)

VVA

• Newt
Re: How to convert any spline to pline?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 03:52:38 AM »
Hi, Joe Burke
Certainly I not against. As it is the usual mathematical formula of a scalar product of two vectors rewritten on lisp.
And more thanks time for TraceObject.
Regards

Joe Burke

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
VVA,

Thanks.

Question regarding this, http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php?pagename=programer.php. I assume the site is Russian, which I cannot read.

I noticed this, http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php?pagename=3dflat_basic.php. Is that a reference to a program which flattens 3D objects? If so, is it a commercial program?

Regards

VVA

• Newt
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 05:14:59 AM »
Hi, Joe Burke
About this http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php? pagename=programer.php
It is a page of the programmer. The citation
On a page are collected "tasty" utility which can interest developers of different directions. Here it is possible to find functions, utilities, documentation and councils found or developed by employees of our firm. We hope, that our modest contribution to a common cause is useful to someone.
Functions in language AutoLisp
Functions in language Delphi

Utilities for web programming
Documentation, councils

The author: Grigory Cherevkov
Authors do not bear any responsibility for use of these texts and possible errors.

The general comments
Functions are written in language AutoLisp
All calculations are made by mathematical methods (vector algebra, analytical geometry) without construction of auxiliary primitive things Autocad and their analysis.

About 3D-FLAT (http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php?pagename=3dflat_basic.php)
It is a commercial program.
3d-flat - design system for fast creation of premises, arrangements of furniture and reception of various reports.

3D-FLAT 7.0 module of design - 520 Euros - Creation of premises. Visualisation. Management of bases. Furniture arrangement. One base is
                                                            necessary at least.
Base of Office and Inhabited
furniture for the design module - 130 Euros
Base of the trading equipment
for the design module             - 130 Euros
The equipment for shops,
bars, restaurants, industrial kitchens. - 320 Euros

Joe Burke

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »
Hi, Joe Burke
About this http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php? pagename=programer.php
It is a page of the programmer. The citation
On a page are collected "tasty" utility which can interest developers of different directions. Here it is possible to find functions, utilities, documentation and councils found or developed by employees of our firm. We hope, that our modest contribution to a common cause is useful to someone.
Functions in language Delphi

Utilities for web programming
Documentation, councils

The author: Grigory Cherevkov
Authors do not bear any responsibility for use of these texts and possible errors.

The general comments
Functions are written in language AutoLisp
All calculations are made by mathematical methods (vector algebra, analytical geometry) without construction of auxiliary primitive things Autocad and their analysis.

About 3D-FLAT (http://www.elecran.com.ua/index.php?pagename=3dflat_basic.php)
It is a commercial program.
3d-flat - design system for fast creation of premises, arrangements of furniture and reception of various reports.

3D-FLAT 7.0 module of design - 520 Euros - Creation of premises. Visualisation. Management of bases. Furniture arrangement. One base is
                                                            necessary at least.
Base of Office and Inhabited
furniture for the design module - 130 Euros
Base of the trading equipment
for the design module             - 130 Euros
The equipment for shops,
bars, restaurants, industrial kitchens. - 320 Euros

Hi VVA,

I'm still confused about what the 3D-FLAT program does. Does it flatten a 3D drawing, or does it create a 3D drawing from a 2D drawing?

On other topics, I'm still thinking about your comments regarding TraceObject. Looking for some way to do the best of both. In the mean I got sidetracked, which in turn, shed some light on the issues. I will get back to when I have time.

Regards

VVA

• Newt
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:12 AM »
Here translation of this page
3D-Flat
The general possibilities
Quickly and precisely to draw a premise of any form:

Knowing length and width of a room, or length of separate walls, it is possible to construct a premise quickly. In the constructed walls it is possible to establish windows and doors. At installation of windows and doors there is a possibility to specify their sizes and to choose type. The thickness and height of walls are specified. The established windows and doors can be transferred along a site of a wall and to delete.
  There is a possibility to hang up jalousie on windows, to put on a floor a carpet of any form, to switch on a floor and a ceiling. Round and rectangular columns, and also beams can be indoors placed.
Base of parametrical elements of furniture:

Program delivery includes the base containing more of 800 parametrical (changeable) elements of furniture, including office and kitchen furniture, the various trading equipment, upholstered furniture, interior elements.
  For access acceleration to elements of base the user can use search engines of elements under the code number (or its parts), and also to create the catalogues of elements as sample of the general base of elements. Catalogues can contain elements from different sections of different bases.
  For any of these elements it is possible to change overall dimensions, the code number under which it is used in your firm, the name and cost.
  For difficult elements probably change of quantity ÿùè÷êîâ, shelves, management of an arrangement of handles and adjustment of other auxiliary sizes.
Arrangement of elements of furniture indoors:

Each element of furniture can be established in any place of a premise. The element can be moved, copied, turned, lifted over floor level, and also automatically to establish to a wall and to each other. At automatic installation of one element to another it is possible to specify distance between them, and also to use installation options AT THE LEFT, ON THE RIGHT. FROM ABOVE, IN FRONT, BEHIND with alignment on length and width and preservation of mutual orientation.
  There is a possibility to create the general list of used materials and for each element to specify, from what materials from this list this element exists. And cost of the same element can be various depending on a material of which it is made.
  To look at an interior from any point of space and receive the photorealistic image of a premise the User can to specify any point of view, simultaneously on the screen to see the plan and a volume kind. Indoors it is possible to establish the chamber, to specify, where it is directed, and to see an interior through an eye of this chamber, having received thus the perspective image. The corner of sight chamber (focal length) is adjusted. To furniture elements real invoices of materials of which they are made (for example – mahogany) are automatically appropriated. Using them, and having placed in rooms light sources, it is possible to receive ïîëíîöâåòíîå the photorealistic image of a premise.
To spend accounting and to receive the accounting document:
  Simultaneously with arrangement, calculation of cost of the used furniture is automatically made and the specification is formed. Each line of the document can be edited. Besides, in the document any element from base which is not present in the current project can be added. The ready document can be unpacked or saved in a text file with the divided symbols. This file can be opened, for example, Microsoft Excel for the further job. The document form, furniture cost, an exchange rate, etc. parametres are adjusted by the user necessarily. Also it is possible to receive summary documents. The program 3D-FLAT with success is used for designing of living rooms, bedrooms, kitchens, offices, restaurants, bars, cafe, shops and trading halls. Adaptation of the program and base adjustment In spite of the fact that the bases of furniture delivered with the program, are great and constantly replenish, it can appear, that in your firm the elements which are absent in base are used. In this case we will add base with missing elements and we will adjust it according to the given catalogues. Besides, the user can independently create original elements and assemblages and to add them in base. Base completion is estimated in addition.

Whether it is possible from 2d to make 3d drawing there it is not written. It is necessary or load a demo the version, or to ask by email.

LE

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »
How to convert any spline to pline? Anyone can help me? Thanks very much in advanced.

Without reading any of the previous responses, have you tried to use DXFOUT to R12 and then just use DXFIN to do the conversion as heavy polyline ?

Joe Burke

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 10:52:06 AM »
VVA,

Thanks. I think I understand it now.

Regards

Joe Burke

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 10:55:43 AM »
How to convert any spline to pline? Anyone can help me? Thanks very much in advanced.

Without reading any of the previous responses, have you tried to use DXFOUT to R12 and then just use DXFIN to do the conversion as heavy polyline ?

It's assumed that would be the long way around, though I've not tried it.

LE

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 12:03:44 PM »

Hola Joe;

That's a very old trick.... give it a try and see if work :)

Joe Burke

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »

Hola Joe;

That's a very old trick.... give it a try and see if work :)

Hola Luis,

I'm confused. Why did I see this same message from you under something like screenname "code for food" yesterday, while now it shows from what I expect, LE?

I didn't know it was you given the odd screen name.

Were you temporarily under cover? And if so, from what?  :-)

Regards

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
something like screenname "code for food" yesterday,

That was sooooooo like ...5.... screen names ago.  :-D

LE

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2007, 01:49:34 PM »
Hola Luis,

I'm confused. Why did I see this same message from you under something like screenname "code for food" yesterday, while now it shows from what I expect, LE?

I didn't know it was you given the odd screen name.

Were you temporarily under cover? And if so, from what?  :-)

Regards

I was just having fun :)

LE

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2007, 01:50:16 PM »
something like screenname "code for food" yesterday,

That was sooooooo like ...5.... screen names ago.  :-D

Me ? - When ?     :-P