Author Topic: How to insure plotstamp is always on when plotting and publishing  (Read 9052 times)

ELOQUINTET

Re: How to insure plotstamp is always on when plotting and publishing
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 01:55:11 PM »
matt,

first of all thank you for helping me out. i have a couple of questions.

1 refresh my memory on how i add a reference to wshshell

2 would it be possible to also incorporate a regen when plotting and a regen and qsave when publishing.

we actually have a traditional plotstamp and a filename stamp which is rtext and requires a regen. the qsave in the publish is so we there won't be any unsaved changes which would prevent us from saving the dsd file. i have this built into our buttons but would like to fool proof this process too.

Is this possible?

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 02:01:03 PM »
matt,

first of all thank you for helping me out.

No problem.  You're welcome.

1 refresh my memory on how i add a reference to wshshell

Tools --> References

2 would it be possible to also incorporate a regen when plotting and a regen and qsave when publishing.

we actually have a traditional plotstamp and a filename stamp which is rtext and requires a regen. the qsave in the publish is so we there won't be any unsaved changes which would prevent us from saving the dsd file. i have this built into our buttons but would like to fool proof this process too.

Is this possible?

RTEXT is history....Use FIELDS instead.  There are options you can set that determine whey they get updated.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 02:10:10 PM »
Matt i have both of them loaded but when i try to add a reference to WshShell it does not appear in the list? All I see under WSH is wshcontrollerlibrary is this it?

I tried using fields for this but found that it did not always update but rtext did so I used that. I don't recall exactly what the problem was so maybe I will have to revisit that when I have more time. Now I'm most concerned with the plotstamp.

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 02:12:10 PM »
Matt i have both of them loaded but when i try to add a reference to WshShell it does not appear in the list? All I see under WSH is wshcontrollerlibrary is this it?

I tried using fields for this but found that it did not always update but rtext did so I used that. I don't recall exactly what the problem was so maybe I will have to revisit that when I have more time. Now I'm most concerned with the plotstamp.

Both of WHAT loaded??  The DVB I posted already has a reference to WshShell (it shows up at the top of the list, already checked).

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 02:28:25 PM »
yes i kinda figured it out on my own that WSH was an abbreviation for Windows Script Host. Forgive me I'm a novice but when you said I needed to add something you neglected to tell me that you already added it  :| It appears to be working just as I wanted it to so thank you very much sir. I will have to try to reproduce my Fields problem and report it to you but this will have to wait until monday as I have something else to do today. Thanks again

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 02:30:07 PM »
You're welcome.  Glad you got it working.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 12:14:54 PM »
Hey guys I just got a new computer in our department and the vba routine I had running to insure the plotstamp is updated upon printing is now giving me an error upon startup. When I click on debug it highlights this line:

Set obj = New VLAX

Do I need to put some files on this new computer to get it to work?

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »
i think i figured out the problem. the new computer only has office 2002 whereas others have 2003 and the excel 11.0 is missing from the references. so is there anyway i can make it work across multiple versions or no?

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 12:32:36 PM »
there is a way, but I dont know how to do it.  I think Bob knows how.  I vaguely remember him doing something like that
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Bob Wahr

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
Wasn't my problem so I don't remember what I came up with, although I somewhat remember it happening.  It seems like it was here though so a search might turn it up.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2007, 08:46:45 AM »
I got them to update the office and it works now. I was more curious than anything to see if it is possible.

Bryco

• Water Moccasin
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
You don't need to add a reference to excell to use it.
Late bind it  like below.

Code: [Select]
Dim Excel As Object
    'Dim Excel As Excel.Application
    Dim ExcelWorkbook As Object
    'Dim ExcelWorkbook As Workbook
    Dim ExcelSheet As Object
    'Dim ExcelSheet As WorkSheet

The bad part is intellisense doesn't work and latebinding is very slow.

I couldn't find a way to uncheck a wrong reference (say 2003 on the 2002) programmatically, so the late binding is the easiest way to handle multi -versions