Author Topic: Drag and Drop Drawings  (Read 16955 times)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Drag and Drop Drawings
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2007, 08:31:45 AM »

Randy, he wants to drag the container, not the contents.

What kind of problems would be exhibited if he changed the owner of the window? Would the new owner assume the message handling, thus effectively moving the drawing from one session to another?

I have never tried this, but I know you can change the window owner ... maybe I'll give it a try and see what kind of problems occur.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »
I have never tried this, but I know you can change the window owner ... maybe I'll give it a try and see what kind of problems occur.

That would be great Keith! Let me know how it turns out!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 03:12:58 PM by A_LOTA_NOTA »

Big G

• Bull Frog
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2007, 01:34:46 AM »
my thinking may be MILES off on this one (it usually is) but when you close a drawing it writes it to the History list?
Can you not just create 2 buttons..

1-Save and Close (in the working drawing session)
2-Open last saved drawing to history list? (in reference session)

Someone may have the expertise to link the 2 buttons together??

yes/no?

I thought i seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But it was just someone with a torch bringing me more work.
"You have to accept that somedays youre the pigeon and  somedays youre the statue"

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
my thinking may be MILES off on this one (it usually is) but when you close a drawing it writes it to the History list?
Can you not just create 2 buttons..

1-Save and Close (in the working drawing session)
2-Open last saved drawing to history list? (in reference session)

Someone may have the expertise to link the 2 buttons together??

yes/no?

This is basically what I have it doing now. I didn't know how to do it any other way.

CADaver

« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2007, 10:33:18 AM »
Just curious here.  What's the advantage of running separate sessions over opening the files in the same session?  With dual monitors speading the one session over both, it seems relatively simple (to me anyway) to just DnD the drawing windows where you want 'em.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »
Just curious here.  What's the advantage of running separate sessions over opening the files in the same session?  With dual monitors speading the one session over both, it seems relatively simple (to me anyway) to just DnD the drawing windows where you want 'em.

If I was going to do that I would just have one big monitor. But I also reference Excel, APV, Visual Enterprise among other programs while creating drawings. So if I just have one session of AutoCAD stretched across both monitors it makes it harder to look at other programs while working in AutoCAD.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2007, 10:32:33 PM »

Randy, he wants to drag the container, not the contents.

What kind of problems would be exhibited if he changed the owner of the window? Would the new owner assume the message handling, thus effectively moving the drawing from one session to another?

Just thought I would check in & see if it was worth trying!