Author Topic: Drag and Drop Drawings  (Read 16971 times)

A_LOTA_NOTA

Re: Drag and Drop Drawings
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
Staying out of the Apology argument....

To answer how I handle the copy from one dwg to the other on different monitors - I use the 'copybase' to Windows Clipboard then paste into the other dwg(s).

Wouldn't this work or am I misunderstanding what you want to do?

craigr

I don't want to change anything in the drawing. I basically have two sessions of AutoCAD open & want the drawing to close in one & open in the other. But I want this to be accomplished by dragging the drawing from one session to the other.

deegeecees

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2007, 01:08:51 PM »
How about in a button, instead of d&d?

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2007, 01:16:36 PM »
How about in a button, instead of d&d?

I don't know any vb.net so I'm working on the button solution now. I'm just going to use lisp to save the drawing name to a drawing log. Then have another button that opens the drawing from the log file.

deegeecees

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2007, 01:19:20 PM »
In VBA, you could check for # of instances of Acad, then set focus to second instance, close dwg, and open in first instance. The button would work in either one. Pseudo thinking out loud...

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2007, 01:26:58 PM »
In VBA, you could check for # of instances of Acad, then set focus to second instance, close dwg, and open in first instance. The button would work in either one. Pseudo thinking out loud...

You could be right but I know very little VBA or even lisp for that matter. I just sort of pound it out as I go.... If I get stuck I post it on here. But your way sounds a little closer to what I wanted to do. They way I am doing it is the only way I knew how.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2007, 01:40:50 PM »
Why don't you open one session of acad, stretch it across both monitors then use xref's.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2007, 01:53:41 PM »
Why don't you open one session of acad, stretch it across both monitors then use xref's.

Doesn't sound like what I'm trying to do.

deegeecees

« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2007, 01:55:33 PM »
...I just sort of pound it out as I go....

Sounds about right. That's what I do as well. I have a little time so I'll see what I can do.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2007, 02:06:55 PM »

OK, what about one session of acad stretched across both monitors then place a window (dwg ) in each monitor? Or has that been mentioned already?
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2007, 02:20:52 PM »

OK, what about one session of acad stretched across both monitors then place a window (dwg ) in each monitor? Or has that been mentioned already?

This would accomplish basically the same thing. Just not as cool! But for practical purposes it would work! I ahve made buttons that will close the drawing then another that will open it in the other session. this works for now but again Not as cool.  :-D

deegeecees

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2007, 02:31:26 PM »
I'm already scratching my head on this one for VBA. Way too much trial error for my novice fingers. Developer Help has some good examples of "BeginDrop" events. Kinda similar to what you're trying to do. Sorry, I'm gonna have to shelf this for now Mr. Nota.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2007, 02:55:02 PM »
I'm already scratching my head on this one for VBA. Way too much trial error for my novice fingers. Developer Help has some good examples of "BeginDrop" events. Kinda similar to what you're trying to do. Sorry, I'm gonna have to shelf this for now Mr. Nota.

No big deal!! Thanks for the try!

CADaver

« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2007, 03:44:05 PM »
Well, I draw on the monitor directly in front of me & use the one on my right for reference. So if I have a drawing open on the screen I draw on & would like to move it to the reference monitor. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop it without closing it & opening it back up.... Guess I'm just lazy & set in my ways....
With PICKFIRST set to one.  Select elements in one file, RIGHT-click the grip holding it down, and drag the selection set to the other file and release the right-click.  You'll get several options on the paste location.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2007, 06:27:37 AM »

Randy, he wants to drag the container, not the contents.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

CADaver

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »

Randy, he wants to drag the container, not the contents.
Ahh okay.  ummm... dragging a window to... never mind.