Author Topic: Drag and Drop Drawings  (Read 16967 times)

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
Re: Drag and Drop Drawings
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »
[...............

Well I'll tell you what I would not like, and that's to find out that a program that I really wanted and needed and ended up spending $250 on ended up taking you a total of one hour to write.

Who said it would take one hour ?

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 05:26:35 PM »
[...............

Well I'll tell you what I would not like, and that's to find out that a program that I really wanted and needed and ended up spending $250 on ended up taking you a total of one hour to write.

Who said it would take one hour ?

Hypothetical, anyone?

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 05:27:52 PM »
Sorry I mentioned it!  I think I have found a easy way of working around the problem…… Just not as cool!

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
I think the actual solution is to open BOTH drawing in a single session and THEN open your other session with that file in read-only mode.  This will allow you to locate the data in RO drawing..and then Tile the windows in the active session and then drag and drop betwixt them.

This of course will be FREE of charge, no matter how badly you need it, or are willing to pay. :kewl:
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 05:29:07 PM »

Josh,
3 things are obvious to me.
You have no idea what it takes to produce something like this
You have no idea about free market economics.
Yuo don't understand the difference between value/worth and cost.

Thats it for me. !

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 05:30:32 PM »
Josh.  I believe it was Kerry's way of asking "What is your budget?" 

I don't mean to put words in your mouth Kerry.  It just seemed like a difference in expressions.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 05:30:59 PM »

Josh,
3 things are obvious to me.
You have no idea what it takes to produce something like this
You have no idea about free market economics.
Yuo don't understand the difference between value/worth and cost.

Thats it for me. !

1 thing is obvious to me... you care more about greed than fairness.  Something I would hate to see permeate this site.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 05:31:47 PM »

I don't mean to put words in your mouth Kerry.  It just seemed like a difference in expressions.

If that's true then it came off very different to me, and I gave every chance for a clarification or correction; which was not given, and so I can only assume my stated perception was accurate.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 05:34:44 PM »

Yes Kerry. Exactly. A lot of "I want.." requests die when that question is asked.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 05:37:19 PM »

1 thing is obvious to me... you care more about greed than fairness.  Something I would hate to see permeate this site.

Josh, I am choosing not to reply to this in the manner I'd prefer.

instead ; You know absolutely nothing about my ethics .. If you did, you'd know better that posting that rubbish.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »

instead ; You know absolutely nothing about my ethics .. If you did, you'd know better that posting that rubbish.
x2
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 05:38:59 PM »
  When someone comes to me wanting to design a home, that is one of the first things I ask.   Somewhere around 7 out of 10 times they plan they have in their head is considerably over their budget.  There are other guys locally that will just draw up what ever they want.  And then they take it to a contractor to find it is $60g over what they can afford.  So they are out the time and the $$ they spent on those plans.  I hate it when I have to tell people that.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »
Yes Kerry. Exactly. A lot of "I want.." requests die when that question is asked.

This wasn't an I want post! Well sort of.... But I wasn't asking anyone to program it for me..... But if someone would have offered that would have been great also! :-)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:42:05 PM by A_LOTA_NOTA »

Josh Nieman

« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 05:42:47 PM »

All I know is what I read, and if you're basing your pricing upon how much cash a person is willing to part with, rather than the cost of production, then sorry I find that immoral.

If your question was not concerning that at all, and was merely seeing if this was a situation to employ your skills, or whether it was simply a musing, then it was a misunderstanding and I wish you would have cleared that up way before now, preferably before you chose to insult my intelligence.

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 05:45:04 PM »
  When someone comes to me wanting to design a home, that is one of the first things I ask.   Somewhere around 7 out of 10 times they plan they have in their head is considerably over their budget.  There are other guys locally that will just draw up what ever they want.  And then they take it to a contractor to find it is $60g over what they can afford.  So they are out the time and the $$ they spent on those plans.  I hate it when I have to tell people that.

I think programming would be different. What the program needed to do was already known. Why not just say it will be $X for that program?