Author Topic: Drag and Drop Drawings  (Read 16976 times)

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Re: Drag and Drop Drawings
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
What's it worth to you ?

no offense but uh... that's a pretty crappy thing to ask someone.

"How much for this product?"

"How much you willing to pay?"

Kind of a crappy negotiation to me...

This is the DILBERT school of Marketing....
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:02:58 PM by Maverick® »
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

Josh Nieman

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »
Quote from: Kerry Brown link=somwhere
What's it worth to you ?

no offense but uh... that's a pretty crappy thing to ask someone.

"How much for this product?"

"How much you willing to pay?"

Kind of a crappy negotiation to me...

This is the DILBERT school of Marketing....

haha yea, that is a rather Dogbert-ian question.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 05:06:04 PM »

Josh, It's a perfectly legitimate question.

kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:40 PM »
Well, I draw on the monitor directly in front of me & use the one on my right for reference. So if I have a drawing open on the screen I draw on & would like to move it to the reference monitor. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop it without closing it & opening it back up.... Guess I'm just lazy & set in my ways....

Keeping in mind that I don't use Acad but do use dual monitors...

Can't you just minimize the drawing and drag the window to the reference monitor?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »

Sure it is.  It's just not the style of pricing philosophy that I can respect.  Just making a comment.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »
Well, I draw on the monitor directly in front of me & use the one on my right for reference. So if I have a drawing open on the screen I draw on & would like to move it to the reference monitor. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop it without closing it & opening it back up.... Guess I'm just lazy & set in my ways....

Can't you just minimize the drawing and drag the window to the reference monitor?

Yes.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 05:14:07 PM »

Sure it is.  It's just not the style of pricing philosophy that I can respect.  Just making a comment.

So you'd rather see me spend an hour and write a spec after determining if it CAN be done,  then price it , then have the OP say "Well I only wanted to pay a max of $25.00" ... Is that what you'd like ?

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 05:14:57 PM »
Yes.

Thanks.  I wondered about that.

*skips off to find some paste to eat*

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 05:15:04 PM »

Yes, I can drag one session to the other monitor if you want. The way I do it now is just close the drawing & reopen it on the reference monitor. Not a big deal... I was just thinking how great it would be just to be able to drag & drop it. Thought I might see if anyone one else would like to see the same thing. But I guess it’s just me.

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 05:18:33 PM »
Yes, I can drag one session to the other monitor if you want. The way I do it now is just close the drawing & reopen it on the reference monitor. Not a big deal... I was just thinking how great it would be just to be able to drag & drop it. Thought I might see if anyone one else would like to see the same thing. But I guess it’s just me.

But if you can drag the session from one to the other........ and you want to be able to drag ......... 

Oh well.  I'm confused.  Nevermind my ramblings.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:19 PM »

So you'd rather see me spend an hour and write a spec after determining if it CAN be done,  then price it , then have the OP say "Well I only wanted to pay a max of $25.00" ... Is that what you'd like ?

Well I'll tell you what I would not like, and that's to find out that a program that I really wanted and needed and ended up spending $250 on ended up taking you a total of one hour to write.

If you're going to charge someone for a product, you should do your own estimate on what the capital expenditure would total and then say what it would cost to create.

I mean, McDonald's doesn't charge you based on how hungry you are.  They charge you an amount of capital to cover their expense of capital plus a little extra to make a profit.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 05:19:53 PM »

But if you can drag the session from one to the other........ and you want to be able to drag ......... 

Oh well.  I'm confused.  Nevermind my ramblings.

That sounds like a pretty good solution to me.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »

I mean, McDonald's doesn't charge you based on how hungry you are.  They charge you an amount of capital to cover their expense of capital plus a little extra to make a profit.

WRONG. They charge the maximum that they know from experince you are prepared to pay

Josh Nieman

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 05:23:55 PM »

WRONG. They charge the maximum that they know from experince you are prepared to pay

I was merely making an assumption based on my understanding of business practices in the companies I've worked for... I used McDonald's as a generic name everyone knows, which was probably a mistake.

Anyways, to stay competitive you charge the least you can to make a profit and still get the bid... not the most you can get away with.  To do otherwise would be price gouging.  It's immoral, imho, to dangle a product in front of someone and ask how much they want it, while you negotiate price.

What if McDonald's started pricing food based on how long ago your last meal was?  "Oh, you're REALLY hungry, well these fries are $10, now"

Josh Nieman

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 05:24:54 PM »

Yes, and they also don't ask you how much you're WILLING to pay when you come up to the counter... they supply a product and a price, and let the customer decide.  Dangling the product in front of them and asking how much cash you can get from them is RUDE.