Author Topic: Drag and Drop Drawings  (Read 16965 times)

A_LOTA_NOTA

Drag and Drop Drawings
« on: August 16, 2007, 03:07:03 PM »
We use dual monitors & I normally have a session of AutoCAD on each. I was just thinking today it would sure be nice to be able to drag a drawing from one session to the other. It would close in the current session & open in the other.

Re: Drag and Drop Drawings
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 03:10:52 PM »
We use dual monitors & I normally have a session of AutoCAD on each. I was just thinking today it would sure be nice to be able to drag a drawing from one session to the other. It would close in the current session & open in the other.

You can drag and drop between open drawings within the same session of AutoCAD; just need to tile the windows.

But it sounds like you would like to open an already opened drawing in another session of AutoCAD and have the previously opened drawing then close??!?  :?

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »

You can drag and drop between open drawings within the same session of AutoCAD; just need to tile the windows.

But it sounds like you would like to open an already opened drawing in another session of AutoCAD and have the previously opened drawing then close??!?  :?

Yes, I would like to drag a drawing from one session to the other. It would no longer be open in the first session just the second.

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 03:29:41 PM »

Yes, I would like to drag a drawing from one session to the other. It would no longer be open in the first session just the second.

So now my curiosity has reached an all-time high.... if you've already got the drawing open, why close it just for the sake of re-opening it??!?

Josh Nieman

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 03:52:34 PM »
So now my curiosity has reached an all-time high.... if you've already got the drawing open, why close it just for the sake of re-opening it??!?

...so if wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college!

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 03:57:39 PM »

...so if wasn't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college!

:lmao: :lmao:

The guy is so funny.... I saw him a couple of times at the Mohegan Sun.

** runs off to cue up 'Rules of Enragement' **

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »

Well, I draw on the monitor directly in front of me & use the one on my right for reference. So if I have a drawing open on the screen I draw on & would like to move it to the reference monitor. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop it without closing it & opening it back up.... Guess I'm just lazy & set in my ways....

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 04:17:35 PM »

If you're prepared to find a suitably sized bag of green stuff I could program it for you.
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 04:22:20 PM »

If you're prepared to find a suitably sized bag of green stuff I could program it for you.

Asparagus??

Caulifl
Broccoli??

Crab grass??

Cheeba??!?   It's cheeba, isn't it??!!  Yeah.... it is!!

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »
Well, I draw on the monitor directly in front of me & use the one on my right for reference. So if I have a drawing open on the screen I draw on & would like to move it to the reference monitor. It would be nice to be able to drag & drop it without closing it & opening it back up.... Guess I'm just lazy & set in my ways....

Okay... That makes sense.  I can understand wanting to do that.   Doesn't sound like an easy bit of programming though.  :-(

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 04:24:09 PM »

Well it was more just conversation & may be a wish list for future releases of AutoCAD. But how much “green stuff” are you talking about. What language would a program like this be written in?

A_LOTA_NOTA

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

Okay... That makes sense.  I can understand wanting to do that.   Doesn't sound like an easy bit of programming though.  :-(

Well thanks for the conversation Matt. I was just thinking out loud more than anything. I have no idea how hard it would be to program or even what language it would need to be written in.

Kerry

• Mesozoic relic
  • Seagull
  • class keyThumper<T>:ILazy<T>
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »

Well it was more just conversation & may be a wish list for future releases of AutoCAD. But how much “green stuff” are you talking about. What language would a program like this be written in?

What's it worth to you ?
kdub, kdub_nz in other timelines.
Perfection is not optional.
Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.
Discipline: None at all.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:49:38 PM »

What's it worth to you ?

no offense but uh... that's a pretty crappy thing to ask someone.

"How much for this product?"

"How much you willing to pay?"

Kind of a crappy negotiation to me...

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

What's it worth to you ?

*cough*nothing*cough*