Author Topic: Visual Styles per object  (Read 3314 times)

Visual Styles per object
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:56:40 PM »
Is it possible to assign (for a lack of a better term) different visual styles to different objects?  For example, I've got a mechanical plan (ductwork) and would like to show the walls using the X-Ray VS and the ductwork using the Conceptual or Realistic VS to really put the focus on the ductwork.  I could apply a glass material to everything except for the ductwork, but that's just going to kill the computer; showing it in a "rendered" type view.

Any ideas?

deegeecees

Re: Visual Styles per object
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 02:01:11 PM »
I'm not sure what you're asking, but from what I surmized, you just need some contrast. For renders, if I want something to stand out, I use a grey for all background objects, and red for objects in focus.

Hope it helps.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:08:57 PM »
I don't really need it for rendering....more of a "visual on screen check" to make sure ducts and pipes and what not aren't in conflict with anything else.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »
sorry, but no :(

I really wish it could happen for the reasons you state, pretty much.

I also wish you could output to an image file, something like a render, but using a visual style only, so that the image resolution is not constrained to screen resolution.  Sometimes a good visual style is better as a non-realistic-rendering for some preliminary sketch type thing.

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 02:26:16 PM »
sorry, but no :(

That's the conclusion I was coming to based on what I was seeing.   *sigh*