Author Topic: eTransmit and Binding Xrefs  (Read 3354 times)

eTransmit and Binding Xrefs
« on: August 10, 2007, 11:32:13 AM »
S-o-o-o-o-o...... is there a bug with eTransmit not being able to bind xrefs correctly?  I've tried this on '07 and '08.

I've got a transmittal setup that is supposed to bind any xrefs and save the drawing as 2000.   The xrefs bind, but they are "inserted" as opposed to the traditional bindtype:  xref$0$host

I've set BINDTYPE to 0 and 1; neither of which makes a difference.  I'm also using ABS/MEP but I wouldn't think that would make a difference but maybe it does.

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
Re: eTransmit and Binding Xrefs
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 11:36:00 AM »
Binding XREF's instead of inserting them?

Unless you have an issue with layer properties, inserting is the preferred method. The only reason that I can think of to bind them would be because you have layers of the same name with different properties from file to file.
CAD Tech

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 11:43:41 AM »
Unless you have an issue with layer properties, inserting is the preferred method. The only reason that I can think of to bind them would be because you have layers of the same name with different properties from file to file.

Which is why I want to bind them.  For example, we have a notes layer.  There are notes in the HVAC plan.  We have the electrical plan referenced into the HVAC plan (for coordination purposes).  The electrical plan also has notes on the notes layer.  Now, when I etransmit the HVAC drawing with the bind option set, I don't want to see all of the notes from the electrical plan on the HVAC plan in addition to the notes already on the HVAC plan.

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:57:27 AM »
It worked as you desired for for ACA 2008.

Bindtype set to zero

Thanks for the tip Matt.
**runs before something is thrown**
 :-P :-P
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

Rob...

• King Gator
  • Take a little time to stop and smell the roses.
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 12:09:04 PM »
Binding XREF's as opposed to inserting them is a touchy subject for me. So, I won't go any farther with that.

I just tried it in 2007 with bindtype set to both 0 and 1. Both times it resulted in the XREF's being bound. There must be another variable. I seem to remember seeing it in options somewhere but I can't find it. I also checked help, nothing there either.
CAD Tech

mjfarrell

• Seagull
  • Every Student their own Lesson
Be your Best

Michael Farrell
http://primeservicesglobal.com/

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 12:28:57 PM »