Author Topic: Dynamic polar array (or workaround)  (Read 1806 times)

phoulx

Dynamic polar array (or workaround)
« on: July 30, 2007, 02:06:38 PM »
Since I haven't seen any evidence of a Dynamic Polar Array for ACAD06, I'm asking here.  Just for 2D, say you're looking at plan of a room that is a semi-circle with joists framing out radially at six equal spaces (or spiral stair treads or a fan).  Then the location of one of the radial walls moves.  Now I have to re-layout all the framing again.  Wouldn't a dynamic block be an easy way to achieve this or am I just dreaming?  Just grab the grip (like a dimang dim), relocate it and the arrayed linework is re-spaced. 

This is definitely above my head, is it even possible?

tlindell

Re: Dynamic polar array (or workaround)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 08:43:07 PM »
I think you're after something like this:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=525317

tlindell

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:44 PM »
Some days I don't see some of the obvious things in a post.  Anyway, the utility I have isn't quite ready for polar arraying quite yet, but it is something on the burner.

phoulx

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 01:15:50 PM »
Thanks anyway.  I did grab your zip and will check it out anyway as it looks very useful- and well presented.  Yeah I played around with this Dynamic Polar Array idea for a time trying to get something started, but got nowhere with this one.  When it dawned on me that an associative dimang works very similarly to what I want, I thought I might be on to something.