Author Topic: ADT dummy requires some help  (Read 6520 times)

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
ADT dummy requires some help
« on: August 08, 2007, 04:11:52 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've just started using adt in this new place, and i am a dummies, dummy when it comes to ADT, i have used 3d packages all the time, never ADT.  heres my problem, i have created a mini project, i have created constructs, in which i have populated some of the models,  (wall layouts, floor slabs etc.)  my problem arises and what i though was going to be a simple excersise.  how do i produce a 2d layout plan from my model, i have created section, i have created elevations (i've even set them up as views in other drawings) but for the life of me, i cannot produce 2d plans, such as the "Ground floor layou plan" or the "Roof plan".  Could anybody help a dummy out here?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

• Bull Frog
Re: ADT dummy requires some help
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 07:43:44 AM »
I am presuming that you are dragging and dropping either the construct or the view drawing into the sheet drawing? If so this is a glorified xref manager of sorts. All you will need to do is to open the viewport as normal (double click) and type plan return return to get back to world ucs

When you create a model space viewport in the view drawing it will create a viewport of what you are looking at. So if its a plan then a plan will be produced, if its a 3d view of the walls then it will produce a 3d image. It is this image that you drag into your sheet drawing.

If all that makes no sense than ask again.

Alastair
Alastair Mallett Autodesk Certified Professional
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 07:52:44 AM »
thanks 42,
yes, i am dragging and dropping the created views into my sheets, is there a way i can do this for plans?

I have created sections and elevations no problem, using the section and elevation utility, the best way i can describe what i want is i want to create a plan "slice" or "snap shot" of the particular building at a given level, say first floor level 3.8m o.d., in 2d that will update when I alter the model.  I create a “slice” of the model and I use this slice to appear in my sheet drawings.  When I update my model, I regenerate my “slice”.  It’s the “slice” is what I am trying to create.

am i making sense?

thanks again for your help.  I've been using autoCAD for 14 years but htis is my first foray into ADT.  I have used 3d before but they were non autodesk packages.

Diarmuid
If you want to win something run the 100m, if you want to experience something run a marathon

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 08:12:18 AM »
Have you created separate plans for ground and first floor level?
I would always create a ground floor plan, first floor etc set at different levels, i.e. ground at 0.000 first at 3.000 second at 6.000. These can be assembled in the view drawing. If what you are after is a ground floor plan and first floor plan in the "traditional sense" then I would suggest dragging the individual plans into the sheets.
If you have a single mode for all the levels (not recommended), then the only other solution that comes to mind is the old clip command. Define the level at which you want to view the model.
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:11:27 AM »

i have created a construct for the groundfloor slab, one for the first floor, and one for the walls, but the walls are going from top of foundation to top of parapet (6.0m+).  So would i be right if i "split" the masonry model into 2 masonry models, one going from top of foundation to say u/s of say first floor slab and the second model going from u/s of first floor slab to top of parapet.

• Bull Frog
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
Correct. Each construct would contain the floor slabs, walls, windows and doors for that "floor".
Technical Director
Hunters South Architects

diarmuid

• Bull Frog
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:04:54 AM »
right so,

i'll give that a bash, and i'll let you know

thanks very much for all of you help.

Regards

Diarmuid