Author Topic: Arg!! Layer won't purge!  (Read 3230 times)

craigr

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« on: July 13, 2004, 12:08:43 PM »
I am using LT98. I have copied a floor plan from one dwg to windows clipboad, then into the modelspace of my dwg. I then exploded, &  changed all items that I can find, to a layer called 'floorplan'. I then purged the dwg of all past layers. - One won't go away. It is called '-tblk'. I went to original dwg and turned that layer off before copying what I need. I have even erased what I have pasted into my title block, (so my model space is empty again), - erase;all;; and CAD says there is nothing there. - The '-tblk' layer won't purge. I don't have it selected as current layer, frozen, turned off, etc... - It SHOULD purge, but it won't. What am I missing? - craigr

Dommy2Hotty

• Swamp Rat
Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 12:16:15 PM »
Try doing a "_qselect" with the options "Apply to: Entire Drawing," "Object Type: Multiple," "Properties: Layer," "Operator: =Equals," "Value:-tblk," "How to apply: Include in new selection set."

See if anything comes up that way... :twisted:

craigr

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 12:18:49 PM »
'qselect' is apparently not available in LT98. - thanks anyway

ryandk

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 12:27:57 PM »
A third party utility called SuperPurge should work.  It will let you "hard" purge pretty much anything, even if something is on that layer.  It is made by a Manusoft, www.manusoft.com .  It is shareware but you can use it for free for 30 days last time I checked.

Ryan

Dent Cermak

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 12:31:19 PM »
ARE YOU SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR BLOCKS ARE PURGED ? You may still have an old block definition hanging around that uses that layer.

craigr

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2004, 12:45:09 PM »
EVERYTHING is erased and the layer remains.

I downloaded & install Superpurge, it must not work with LT98 or LT200i. It said that the installation was successful, but neither program would recognize the commands 'spurge', etc...

Thanks anyway.

VerticalMojo

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 12:46:38 PM »
Copy everything and put it on a new drawing and leave that sucker behind......

CADaver

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 01:16:41 PM »
If it is frozen in a viewport, it won't purge.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 02:16:53 PM »
If it is referenced by a non graphical entity or if there are old style polylines with a seqend entity that references it, then it will not purge.

Try wblocking the drawing to a new name and open the new drawing to see if it still exists. As a last resort, upload it to the lillypond and let one of the guru's here look at it..
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

VerticalMojo

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 02:21:36 PM »
upload it! Upload it!

http://theswamp.org/lilly.pond/

Andrew H

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 04:02:15 PM »
most of the time it is something referenced to that layer that will keep it in a drawing. wblock will probably work. if not post it to lilly and someone will fix it.

or e-mail it to me and i'll have a look.

andrewh@craigroberts.com

PDJ

Arg!! Layer won't purge!
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 06:02:14 PM »
Or do like I do and just put T-Bears initials in the "drawn by" block on the title block and blame it on him..