Author Topic: Any reference about CMS IntelliCAD - is it good alternative for AutoCAD?  (Read 138 times)

jsevilla

• Mosquito
I was wondering if anyone has any feedback about CMS IntelliCAD software and if it's a good alternative to AutoCAD.
Did some tests with their trial and it seems too good to be true considering the published prices.

cadtag

• Swamp Rat
Re: Any reference about CMS IntelliCAD - is it good alternative for AutoCAD?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 09:58:18 AM »
I've had Intellicad installed at home for years, though I tend to use my Map3D 2018 more.  Customization in Intellicad is a bit different, sometimes tricky to get 3rd party stuff working, but all in all, no fundamental issues IME,

Perhaps instead of thinking Intellicad is priced too low, it would make more sense to consider that AutoCAD is priced way too high, betting on customer lock-in, FUD and subscription??
The only thing more dangerous to the liberty of a free people than big government is big business

sln8458

• Newt
  • CMS Intellicad 9.0
Re: Any reference about CMS IntelliCAD - is it good alternative for AutoCAD?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2021, 04:04:45 AM »
I've used Intellicad since it was launched by VISIO (Intellicad 98, if memory serves)
Just upgraded my CMS version to version 10. ($89 or 69 here in the UK).
I'm still running 9 atm as the upgrades are effectively a NEW install, which is a pain, and I'm putting that off.

Yes it does not have ALL the functionality of Autocad, but for the price........
I don't use 3rd party ad-ons, so can't comment there.

I have found that customisation is just the same as in Autocad, I can load my old mnu files.
It will depend on what you want from it, is it 2D or3D
here are a couple of images of work I have done in Icad. (note: images were saved from Detect3D

S.
There is no such  thing as a 'silly question' to those who do not know!