Author Topic: [FYI] Non-rectangular viewports and running osnaps.  (Read 1590 times)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
[FYI] Non-rectangular viewports and running osnaps.
« on: July 31, 2007, 07:16:49 PM »
I just found out that if you have a non-rectangular viewport (shaped like an 'L') and you want to move some text to fit inside the open space created by the 'L' viewport, make sure you don't have running osnaps on, or it could snap to a line in model space still, and put it somewhere off the sheet.  It just happened to me, and I was like "What the.....??  Where did my notes go?".  Once I tried to move them again, while zoomed out this time, I saw the markers of the osnaps snapping to the end point of some grid lines that would shoot them out side the title block.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
Re: [FYI] Non-rectangular viewports and running osnaps.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Tim.

I ran across this for the first time just recently myself. But, unlike you, I kept it to myself so you (and anyone else) could find it on your own. :evil:  :oops:

Sorry about that.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: [FYI] Non-rectangular viewports and running osnaps.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 07:42:08 PM »
I ran across this for the first time just recently myself. But, unlike you, I kept it to myself so you (and anyone else) could find it on your own. :evil:  :oops:
:pissed:
That is it!  I take back every nice thing I have typed about you on any of the forums!

:-)
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.