Author Topic: Create eTransmit Transmittals with code  (Read 6586 times)

Create eTransmit Transmittals with code
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:43:49 PM »
Is this even possible (either with LSP or VBA)?  There's no direct way via the command line (command "-etransmit" blah blah blah).  I was hoping maybe someone might know.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Create eTransmit Transmittals with code
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:56:56 PM »
You can duplicate the functionality with lisp and/or vba, but it wouldn't be prudent to reinvent the wheel ...

you can call etransmit from lisp with
Code: [Select]
(command "_etransmit")

Of course you will need to supply all of the associated variables with it to make it seamless.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »
You can duplicate the functionality with lisp and/or vba, but it wouldn't be prudent to reinvent the wheel ...

Well... yes and no... I need everyone to do it the same way, and some of the folks here just can't seem to grasp the concept of creating a transmittal.  These are the same people that surprise me everyday when they show up at work NOT wearing a helmet.

(command "_etransmit")

Of course you will need to supply all of the associated variables with it to make it seamless.

But the only options you have are....

Command:  -ETRANSMIT
Updating fields...
Enter an option [Create transmittal package/Report only/CUrrent setup/CHoose setup] <Report only>:

There's nothing there to actually create the report, so how would you go about doing it with lisp??

LE

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:04:28 PM »
Matt;

It is possible from ObjectARX -

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 05:16:06 PM »
If you had the setup already done, could you not choose that setup thru code?  Thus everyone would do it the same
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 08:21:37 AM »

Well... yes and no... I need everyone to do it the same way, and some of the folks here just can't seem to grasp the concept of creating a transmittal.  These are the same people that surprise me everyday when they show up at work NOT wearing a helmet.

It isn't rocket science, unless you want to do something that is different than what etransmit does. If you want the same functionality as etransmit, just use etransmit and put it in a lisp and/or on a button with all of the arguments provided.

(command "_etransmit")

But the only options you have are....

Command:  -ETRANSMIT
Updating fields...
Enter an option [Create transmittal package/Report only/CUrrent setup/CHoose setup] <Report only>:

There's nothing there to actually create the report, so how would you go about doing it with lisp??

Well, there it is right there ...
[Create transmittal package/Report only/CUrrent setup/CHoose setup]

C = create transmittal package : you need to ensure the drawing is saved and you have supplied the name of the zip file. The zip will contain all of the req'd files as well as a report
R = Report only : You will generate a report, but not create the transmittal
CU = The current setup defined, most typically "Standard"
CH = Choose setup : You can create new rules and save them as a new setup, then by using this option, you can select that setup and your transmittal will be created using those rules.

I still don't understand why this won't work ... of course you will need to save the drawing first
(command "_etransmit" "C" (vl-filename-base (getvar "dwgname")))

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 08:24:02 AM »
If you had the setup already done, could you not choose that setup thru code?  Thus everyone would do it the same

I should've been a little bit more clear about what I was looking to do (sorry, I was in a rush to get out the door and pick up the kids).  I'd like to be able to create eTransmit Transmittal Setups thru either LSP or VBA.  I'm thinking (I know... dangerous) that probably the best way for me to go about doing this is to create one, then examine the registry settings that are created, and then re-create those registry settings on other computers.  Running a REG file is not allowed here so that option is out the window.  Unless anyone has any other ideas....??

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »
So, are you saying that you cannot write anything to the registry or that you cannot merge a reg file. If you cannot write to the registry, then you can't create a new setup anyway.

If you can write to the registry, then you can create a new setup with VBA or lisp by writing the appropriate information to the registry using
(vl-registry-write "key" "name" "data")

You wouldn't need to read the registry, etransmit would do that automatically.

Another option is to roll your own etransmit function. It wouldn't be too difficult to grab all of the associated files required to make a transmittal package.

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 09:18:12 AM »
I can't merge REG files.   :-(  (damn you IT geeks!! Dammmmmnnnn yoooooooouuuu!)

I suppose I could take a shot at rolling my own.  Hmmm.....

hyposmurf

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 07:45:06 AM »
Here's what I :
(defun c:et ()
(command "qsave" "-etransmit" "choose""transmittal name" "c"))

Create your own trnsmittal set up and save it then add the name to your the lisp.I find this the easiest way to carry out Etransmit.I have one set up for a a bound and non bound version.

hudster

• Gator
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2007, 08:25:30 AM »
This is one I wrote a while ago.

You need to create a transmittal setup called zip before you start.

(defun c:etrans (/ aa bb)
(setq aa (getvar "dwgname"))
(setq bb (vl-string-right-trim ".dwg" aa))
(command "zoom" "extents")
  (command "qsave")
  (command "-etransmit" "choose" "zip" "c" bb)
  (princ)
  )

This will create a separate zip file for each transmittal
Revit BDS 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, AutoCAD 2017, 2016, Navisworks 2017, 2016, BIM360 Glue

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 09:05:49 AM »