Author Topic: Keynoting Issues - Lisp help please  (Read 3049 times)

Chad

Keynoting Issues - Lisp help please
« on: July 17, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »
I am trying to get a lisp routine together to perform a keynoting function similar to that contained in a program called ArchT.  Kind of a long story, but I was using ACAD 2005 with ArchT and was convinced to move to ADT without ArchT since it had keynoting.  I am not happy with the keynoting function in ADT.  I got pretty far with a LISP routine which is supposed to work well from the Autodesk Forum, but am running out of time and patience.  I am in a bit over my head and am looking for some help to either help me finish up this routine or just start over.  Here is a brief description of my issue.

I want to annotate my drawings with a keynote referencing the CSI format such as 09260.A1 and have that keynote extract to a legend to contain a custom definition such as "5/8" type X gypsum board".  Seems simple enough to me, but I am a rookie at programming.

I have attached a sample finished drawing and keynote data base for reference.

Arizona

Re: Keynoting Issues - Lisp help please
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 08:51:02 PM »
Chad,

You might re-title (using the word, Lisp) this and get more attention?

BTW, Welcome to the Swamp!:-)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 08:52:18 PM by Arizona »

deegeecees

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 10:07:27 PM »

THIS may help...

And ditto, welcome!

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 07:43:29 AM »

THIS may help...

And ditto, welcome!
I was going to suggest this too.  Another awesome routine by CAB.

Welcome to TheSwamp.
I too do not like the Keynoting of ADT or ACA as they call it now. 
But I love the Detail Components.  You will have to pry ADT from cold dead fingers as the saying goes.

Nice Details by the way. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:01:43 AM by Krushert »
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 08:31:50 AM »
Welcome to TheSwamp.

Here is another routine to look at.
http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=16688.0

Nether routine links to a legend though.

I too use ArchT, having an older version it has me stuck in ACAD2000.

But I don't use the Key Note feature. I just add the notes directly or use a numbered bubble & manually build a legend

PS Thanks fellas.
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »
I want to annotate my drawings with a keynote referencing the CSI format such as 09260.A1 and have that keynote extract to a legend to contain a custom definition such as "5/8" type X gypsum board".  Seems simple enough to me, but I am a rookie at programming.

CAB - mine does link to a legend.

Chad, the routine CAB was referring to was intended to be an OpenDCL example to get people interested in the benefits of OpenDCL: NOT a standalone made for consumption routine.  I just don't have the time to support such an animal.  Please feel free too use, dissect, change the routine to suit your needs.  If you have a specific question I'll try to help.

jb
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Chad

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 10:07:15 AM »
JB

We meet again (I think!!)  I think we discussed this on the Autodesk website a couple of weeks ago.  We are still stuck with the last comment we posted back then.  You can reference it at http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?forumID=126&threadID=577912.  We seem to be very close and you were a big help getting us to the point we are, but we still can't seem to get past it.  If it is simple enough, I think we can get to it, but we are a small office and my CAD guru is leaving at the end of the month.  If it seems a bit much, I am willing to pay for assistance either from you or someone else.

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 10:23:51 AM »
Sorry James.
I'll have to go back and re read that thread. Memory fade when you're nearing 60. :lol:
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 10:35:26 AM »
Chad, what's your time frame like?  I'm planning on making all my OpenDCL stuff "stand-alone" projects as soon as OpenDCL 4.0 is officially released - that will make sharing much, much easier.  I can put that one first in the cue, but it still might take a week or so ( I'm so busy with actual architecture stuff right now).  Once that's done if you would like any special changes or features we can talk reimbursement then (I don't have any problem sharing the stuff I write for myself with the community.)

CAB - no worries mate!
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Chad

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »
We sort of have alot going on short term that requires that I get this going pretty quickly.  I would really like to have this resolved in a week or so.  Is that something you could work with?

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 11:34:25 AM »
I'll see what I can do . . .
James Buzbee
Windows 8

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 04:08:41 PM »
Chad, let me know how it works . . .  :lol: