Author Topic: Add objects to selection set  (Read 5593 times)

kim

Add objects to selection set
« on: July 11, 2007, 02:00:26 PM »
Is it possible to add objects to a selction set once it has been established?  For example,  I modified the WF-imperial block to work for my office, we normally show these beams with a solid hatch.  I would like to add the hatch to the stretch actions in the block.  Can I do that, or do I have to re-create the parameters and actions?

kim

Re: Add objects to selection set
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 06:01:02 PM »
Okay, nevermind, I figured out how to make the hatch strecth with the beam, but now its not behaving correctly, it only stretches one side of the flange and not the other.  Here is my dynamic block for anyone thats interested in looking at it.

kim

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 01:19:07 PM »
Okay, I finally got it working the way I need it too. Let me know what you guys think.

Mr Cory

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 06:08:31 PM »
Hope you dont make a habit of talking to yourself?  :-P

Glad you got it working, looks good!

kim

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:21:30 PM »
Well I normally don't talk to myself, lol, but I was beginning to get lonely!  No one was responding which gave me time to figure it out, which I suppose I should have done in the first place  :wink:.
Thanks

Mr Cory

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 06:27:20 PM »
Haha yes, it was all planned, a very effective learning technique... ahem,  :wink:

whdjr

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »
I'm glad you got your problem fixed and to answer your initial question, Yes you can add (or remove) something to a selection set without recreating the actions.

As Kate told us here simply double click the action and when it asks for a selection set simply press enter to accept the same set.  From there you can add or remove as needed.

Kate M

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 01:24:23 PM »
Small clarification:

...simply double click the action and when it asks for a selection set window simply press enter to accept the same set window. From there you can add or remove as needed.

If your action doesn't need a window, double-clicking the action will flip you straight into "add object to action set".