Author Topic: Well Mark...  (Read 7530 times)

Craig

Well Mark...
« on: November 03, 2003, 08:24:15 AM »
I was wondering where the hell everyone went from the other board. I had no idea this one was even here. How long has this one been up and running?

Well, heres a question for everyone:
Well we are finally getting to start using 2002 full time. We haven't been able to use being our plotting time was around 20 minutes per plot. It took the owner almost 10 months to get a direct card on the plotter to where we could bypass our plot server. Well we now can plot and everythings working fine but being that its been almost a year since using I have become a little rusty. I wanted to see if any of you guys might be able to help me remember.

Here we go...
In the plot dialog I have the settings setup just like I want them. I then go up to the Page setup name and Add a all the different setups I need to use. When I select each one the entire dialog box changes accordingly. Well, once I close 2002 and restart it all the settings in the Page setup name are gone. Is there a way I can save each different setting without having to reset them evertime I restart 2002?

TIA

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Well Mark...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 08:26:47 AM »
I was wondering where the hell everyone went from the other board. I had no idea this one was even here. How long has this one been up and running?

Just over a month now.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Craig

Well Mark...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 08:29:33 AM »
Does this forum give you more control than the other one? Why did you change?

rugaroo

• Bull Frog
  • The Other CAD Guy
Well Mark...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 08:47:33 AM »
Craig -

Look in the upper left hand corner of your plt dialog. Is the 'Save changes to layout' checked? if not, check it, and see if that helps you.

Rug
LDD06-09 | C3D 04-19 | Infraworks 360 | VS2012-VS2017

Craig

Well Mark...
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 08:53:36 AM »
Yea, It's checked rug. One of the solutions I have ran across is:

Anyway, if you've got a bunch of page setups, I would suggest creating a dummy drawing (just a box or a line...something to get the EXTENTS option) and then saving each and every one of your page setups in there. Save the drawing as PageSetups.dwg or something like that under your Support directory.

Now, go into one of your drawings and bring up the plot dialog box. Click on the Add button beside Page Setup Name and then the Import button. Import your PageSetups.dwg and all of your page setups should come with it.

Hit Ok, then Ok again and that should bring you back to the Plot dialog box. Now, you should be able to select your page setup.

This seems to work fairly well.

Thanks again

rugaroo

• Bull Frog
  • The Other CAD Guy
Well Mark...
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 08:58:37 AM »
Wow...that doesn't really seem worth it to me...seems like way too much to be able to keep your stuff, but if it works, then don't try to fix it.

I still think there should be an easier way....hmmmmm....

Rug
LDD06-09 | C3D 04-19 | Infraworks 360 | VS2012-VS2017

Craig

Well Mark...
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 09:04:35 AM »
I was over at Cadalog and there were several different suggestions. It's not really that time consuming. I only have to import that into the drawing once so it's fairly simple. I just posted this to find out other peoples solutions. I have had several tell me to create templates but the end result is about the same as the one I use now, I was wondering if someone knew of a switch or hidden variable that could be changed to correct this.

As with AutoCAD, there is always many different ways to address a problem.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Well Mark...
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 09:11:52 AM »
Quote from: Craig
Does this forum give you more control than the other one? Why did you change?

No more control really, except all this is running on my server now. :D
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Craig

Well Mark...
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 09:14:00 AM »
Thats right, I remember you talking about that several months back about designing your own server.

BTW, sent you an email

CAB

• Global Moderator
  • Seagull
Well Mark...
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 03:53:28 PM »
Craig,

I have 5 different plot set ups that i save in a dwg file and import them when needed.

Also try to keep my dwt files up to date in which the plot styles are there already for new drawings.

Haven't found a better way yet.

CAB
I've reached the age where the happy hour is a nap. (°¿°)
Windows 10 core i7 4790k 4Ghz 32GB GTX 970
Please support this web site.