Author Topic: Goin' nuts with 2005  (Read 4162 times)

Serge J. Gianolla

Goin' nuts with 2005
« on: June 28, 2004, 08:50:23 PM »
Hi Guys,
Was wondering if you had experienced this, and how to go around it? I do know Andrea had bumped into same things many weeks ago on the "other" forum. According to Autofresk, AutoCAD 2004 and 2005 are same release - so you'd expect it to behave the same. Codes that was written for 11/12... to 2004; work fine but as soon as you run them in 2005, some of the command are returning "expect a point or invalid keyword" when passing a VALID option. If you cut-n-paste the code works, if you make a subroutine launched manually, it works, but as part of a main routine, no joy!! I noticed culprit options in CHPROP, and in ARC commands so far! Anyone of you tried to use a 2004 routine to work in 2005 succesfully! Any idea where to look? Turned cmdecho off, U/L case, did animate in vlisp... it is plain to see options are not accepted. What next?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 09:59:37 PM »
it must be the gremlins ...

Seriously though ... I have never seen that...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Anonymous

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 10:05:38 PM »
Keith,
Do you use 2005, it does not appear in the listing that ou provide below your name? :?

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 10:07:17 PM »
Only recently started "toying" with it... no production with it .... yet!
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Serge J. Gianolla

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 10:07:47 PM »
Sometimes loggin' in does not log me in!! Not 1st time it happens!
Sorry Keith was me above.

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 07:34:58 AM »
- Serge
can you give some of the code you are trying to run.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Serge J. Gianolla

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 12:08:09 AM »
Thanks for the offer Mark, but it is not only a rather large program, as well it is making calls on a library of smaller routines, so it is not just a matter of cut-n-paste the portion for testing. I've found so far that making a call on CIRCLE with various options works fine, but as soon as using ARC nada. Problems encountered with CHPROP and the ARRAY commands too! Now the not so funny thing is if using vla-AddArc, it works! But probably the most amazing part is that no-one appears to have noticed anything wrong [I mean people that have written codes for 2004 then taken them to 2005 effortlessly], only Andrea made a remark about it!!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 12:14:15 PM »
I tried a few things but didn't have any problems. I believe chprop changed in 2004 because of the colorbook(?) Below is part of the readme for 2005. I take it you are using (command "") have you tried prefixing the commands with ._ just guessing!

Changed Commands

The following commands have been changed in AutoCAD 2005:

3DCONFIG
   ARRAY
   ASSIST
   ATTDEF
   ATTEDIT
   BATTMAN
   BHATCH
   BLOCK
   BMPOUT
   BREAK
   CHAMFER
   COPY
   COPYCLIP
   CUTCLIP
   DDEDIT
   DRAWORDER
   EATTEDIT
   ETRANSMIT
   EXPLODE
   FILLET
   FIND
   HATCH
   HATCHEDIT
   HYPERLINKOPTIONS

JPGOUT
   LAYER
   MATCHPROP
   MIRROR
   MIRROR3D
   MREDO
   MTEXT
   OFFSET
   OOPS
   OPTIONS
   PAGESETUP
   PASTEBLOCK
   PASTECLIP
   PASTEORIG
   PASTESPEC
   PEDIT
   PNGOUT
   PLOT
   PUBLISH
   PURGE
   REDO
   REFEDIT
   REVCLOUD
   SAVEAS

SETVAR
   SPELL
   TEXT
   TIFOUT
   TRIM
   U
   UNDO
   WBLOCK
   WMFOUT
   XBIND
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

DMSS

Command fuction errors
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 11:53:16 AM »
If you are getting errors using any of the commands, try "redefining" the command to work as YOU need them to.

You can load your newly "re-defined" command(s) at start-up.

I use to have a little FUN "re-defining" commands across networked Autocad workstations.
  I would re-define the line command to work correctly untill I changed a certian varible on MY computer, then it would give an ALERT error, saying something like... "What? are you crazy! That line will not work in that position!".  The alert would disapear and the operator would sit there stunned.

Or... re-define the offset command to perform a rectanglar array of the offset object 40 times, then perform 4 to 5 POLAR arrays of all the rectangular arrayed objects... finishing by erasing everything and leaving the orginal offset object in it's proper place (like nothing happend at all).

The Cad operator would yell something like #%&@ did you guy's see that.
Of course, we would be summoned over to see the CRAZY event take place...  try as he might, it wouldn't happen again.

It would only repeat on MY command. Of course we would all call him crazy and tell him he was cracking-up.  I think he suspected... but he couldn't prove it.
  Everbody in the Cad department knew what I was doing, but we couldn't tell him an SPOIL OUR FUN!

It was REALLY HARD not to laugh when he would get MY errors.

I hope he doesn't find this forum and read this... he's bigger & stronger than me, and might beat the crap out of me!  But I would be laughing so hard it wouldn't even hurt!

Now, I'm not suggesting anyone be so mean, & dirty as to start playing with someone's Cad Station.  After all, you could get into a lot of trouble doing this.  Even get physicaly hurt.

But... if anyone IS interested in the code(s), I think I can find them in my achive's.

Anonymous

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 07:00:21 PM »
Sorry Mark, was away from my machine, still am!
When turning command echo on, I can trace the prompting and let say we draw an arc with (command "_.ARC" "_C" ...
the LISP interpreter does not process _C, it returns invalid option keyword!!! I found that ARRAY does not work but vla-ArrayPolar does!
vla-AddArc gets accepted and instead of CHPROP, i am using entmod. DMSS I am not convinced that undefining will make a difference [the problem being in the option keywords], but undefining, using entmod or vla-... are ways to go around but not answering the problem. At the end of the day, according to Autodesk spill, the beauty of AutoCAD was always the upward compatibility. A dwg created with rel.9 can be opened with rel.17, same with LISP. This code was created for rel.10 and worked for 11/12/13/14/15 then 2004 but not 2005!
Serge

daron

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 08:56:54 AM »
Quote from: Serge J. Gianolla
Sometimes loggin' in does not log me in!! Not 1st time it happens!
Sorry Keith was me above.

A little off topic, but you brought it up and I've been pondering this for some strange reason recently, so here goes. Sometimes I'll log in at a different computer or certain cookies will be deleted from my computer. When I log in, I notice, as you have that though I logged in, I'm not really logged in. The reason I notice immediately that I'm not logged in, is the mere fact that my personal settings are not the default, guest or new user settings. My point: Change the board style in your settings. If you don't see one you like, go to phpbb and look for one. I'm sure if you ask Mark, he might load it for you. Serge, this is not directed directly at you. I write this as a general thought for all who might be interested. For those who happen to like the default theme, good. I'm also not saying that you have to do as I've written above. It's just a thought that might help.

Serge J. Gianolla

Goin' nuts with 2005
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 07:29:56 PM »
Hi Daron,
Thanks for that. I do not know if I will need it though, because since my last grievance, have not had a problem!! Did someone tweaked somethin'?