Author Topic: .cat files? How do they work in LISP??  (Read 30075 times)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: .cat files? How do they work in LISP??
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
I don't see any pic.  I will have to default this one to Alan, as I have never done a dialog with slides.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

AVCAD

« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2007, 05:39:32 PM »
sorry you probably posted as I as fixing it... :-P

AVCAD

« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2007, 05:59:22 PM »
ok now that this is done...other then the viewable size of the slide...which personnally i am not that worried about...cause all details are printed and in a binder anyways...

let me explain why i wanted to do it with cat files.

This will probably get distributed through out my company and slapped on a network which has offices around the world and we will all be talking to 1 server where these blocks and programs will reside. I didnt want to give everyone the option of adding in blocks of their own cause these are for company standard blocks not do what you will when you will and how you want blocks. SO using the cat files and the way the programs looks at the cat files, all i have too do to update the library is get the new block, a slide of it and update the .cat file and place them on the server and it will update to everyone the next time they load the program.

I am sure you guys being the pro's at this stuff would do it differantly but i am not a pro....lol...and i didn't really know what I was doing.

I thank all of you who helped me figure this out. It was yet again a great learning experience and I actually feel like I had a hand actually completing it this time :-) I am learning still.

Thanks again for all your help.

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2007, 06:37:42 PM »
You might want to test out the network idea with some local people first.

I'm glad you got it working the way you want it to.  You did most of the work on this one, we just pointed out somethings, and helped you through when needed.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

LE

« Reply #79 on: June 02, 2007, 11:17:28 AM »
Forgot one little routine.  I copied them all into one file.  This works for me . . ..

I tested your routine, and I know that the opendcl still is in beta phase, can you please verify if it is returning an aborting error on your acad?

1. did the test under acad 2007
2. loaded the opendcl.17.arx
3. loaded the jbDM.LSP
4. call the command line and select the item 3" on the tree control, then select any of the items from that node (a block) and without closing the routine, close autocad
5. it will return an aborting error:
FATAL ERROR:  Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x000f Exception at 896be18h

06/02/2007 at 08:15:57.343  Drawing:
-------------

HTH

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2007, 11:39:06 AM »
Luis, interesting.  The form works fine on ADT 2006 but I get a fatal error as you described on AutoCAD Architecture 2008 (don't have 2007 installed).  I'll post a bug report over at sourceforge.  Thanks for the heads up!
James Buzbee
Windows 8