Author Topic: OpenDCL contest  (Read 3919 times)

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
OpenDCL contest
« on: May 31, 2007, 08:12:21 AM »
With the release of OpenDCL 4 nearing I think it would be a good idea for the beta testers (and anyone else interested) to have an OpenDCL contest, held here, to introduce the program to the rest of the AutoLISP community.  I see many of you still struggling with DCL and it doesn't have to be that way.  This could be an opportunity for everyone to get a first hand look at several different projects, dialog styles, and useful finished applications to play with.

Let me start out by outlining the judging criteria:

1. The application should showcase the extended capabilities of OpenDCL, some of the more robust controls available.
2. The ODCL form should be easy to use and navigate.
3. The application should endeavor to either extend the capabilities of AutoCAD or make a difficult task(s) much, much easier.
4. For this contest lets exclude applications that deal with the verticals (ADT, MAP, etc.)
5. Extra consideration should be given to form design. If you choose to go outside of "normal" microsoft GUI standards, make it exiting!!!

Lets post a pic of the form here and attach all appropriate files.  What does everyone think about time frame?  Once the deadline for entry is met, I'll enlist the help of one of you more competent posters to set up a poll forum for the voting.

So, what does everybody think? Anyone interested???
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Re: OpenDCL contest
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 08:21:36 AM »
Sounds like fun!  Although I doubt I can contribute much of anything considering the fact that I'm still getting my feet wet with ODCL, but what the hell...  I'm in!!

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
Sounds like fun to me.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Tramber

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 08:38:39 AM »
That would be a pleasure for me too but all what I've been designing with ObjectDCL is not my property but my client's !

What a shame I can't share my stair design programms !

But never mind, if I had the time I would dive into it. OpenDCL (and the future ObjectDCL ?!) opens so many horizons (including ActiveX) that I should find something to do with in public.

jbuzbee, should we make it limited to 1 form ? Modal, dockable or else, but only 1 or ... ?

FengK

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 02:58:13 AM »
i think it is a good idea. the problem is not sure how many here are familiar with ObjectDCL/OpenDCL. i only started looking at it since it became open source and haven't done anything useful yet. i imagine more people will be able to participate six months or a year from now.

jbuzbee

• Swamp Rat
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 07:27:30 AM »
Sorry guys, was out of the office all day yesterday - going to be out most of today too!

should we make it limited to 1 form ? Modal, dockable or else, but only 1 or ... ?

I'm thinking application level.  The application may call for more than 1 form, more than one type.

I'm going to cross post this over at the Adesk discussion groups,  sourceforge, and in Visual DCL here.  And, to entice more participants let me tell you what the winner gets:

A 3 day 2 night expense paid vacation anywhere on the internet! (sponsored by Microsoft Internet Explorer 7)
Free virtual dinner and drinks at the Swamp Bar and Grille! (sponsored by none other than "the Swamp.org")
For a full year, whenever entering any topic in any forum on this site, the winner will be addressed as "ODCL Master".

Now, what do you guys think about time frame??
James Buzbee
Windows 8

Tramber

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 07:52:53 AM »
A 3 day 2 night expense paid vacation anywhere on the internet! (sponsored by Microsoft Internet Explorer 7)

For 1 or 2 persons ?
 ^-^

scottcd

• Newt
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 05:00:26 PM »
I think that I would prefer the honorific of

"O great and mighty ODCL Master we are not worthy!"

I am in for the contest :lol:

Just be gentle and respect me in the morning after :lmao:

Cheers

Scott