CAD Forums > CAD Standards

Opinions!!! Keep them to yourself...

(1/13) > >>

daron:
... and don't impose them on others.

I find that most of us are opinionated as far as standards go. I've found over the 7 years I've been in this racket, that the things I learned at school were the opinions of my instructor and found that some things they told me (us) never to do, actually made more sense to do. The situation that comes to mind is layers. I had instructors tell us that if we needed to change the color of an object that we should create another layer. I found at my last job that if I did that, I would be turning off multiple layers for the task at hand, wherewith by changing the colors of objects that were related to each other, all I had to do was turn off one layer.

There are many examples and since this, the CAD Standards forum has been put in place, it appears just by reading the titles, that we are letting our opinions take precedence in what could be seen in a bad light. It's okay to say that the way you do things in your office is such and such, but let's keep the "YOU should NEVER use the ZERO layer for anything" types out of our postings. Please think about what you're saying and maybe formulate a less opinioniated way of saying it. I'm sure all who read these posts would appreciate not having their way of doing things attacked.

Thank you.

Mark:
Daron I think the subject line may be a bit mis-leading.

ELOQUINTET:
i disagree because i can  :twisted:

nivuahc:
What about special cases, like mine, where I'm always right?  :P

M-dub:
I basically agree with you, Daron.  I think that it comes down to the person 'in charge'.  In many cases, they create (or 'update') the company CAD standards and opinion DOES seem to have a lot to do with it.  I'll admit that I've been guilty of this...:oops:
Like Dan said...

"Because I can."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version