Author Topic: Matchline Dynamic Block  (Read 5199 times)

Craig Davis

Matchline Dynamic Block
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:03:47 AM »
I've looked through the various threads already and not sure how to do what I want. It's quite basic but I have to start some where.

So far I've managed to get it to rotate and move about the midpoint of the line. I also have the text & attribute annotated for various scales (still not sure of the best way to do this).

The part I can't figure out is how to get both sides of the midpoint to universally stretch ie. grab the grip on on side and it stretches the entire block based on the midpoint of the line.

Could anyone give me some ideas how to do this?

I've attached the drawing with the block and various viewport scales for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Dave R

Re: Matchline Dynamic Block
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 12:43:38 PM »
Craig -

See if this is close to what you are looking for.

I've looked through the various threads already and not sure how to do what I want. It's quite basic but I have to start some where.

So far I've managed to get it to rotate and move about the midpoint of the line. I also have the text & attribute annotated for various scales (still not sure of the best way to do this).

The part I can't figure out is how to get both sides of the midpoint to universally stretch ie. grab the grip on on side and it stretches the entire block based on the midpoint of the line.

Could anyone give me some ideas how to do this?

I've attached the drawing with the block and various viewport scales for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Craig Davis

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 11:18:14 PM »
Dave,

Yes that is what I was after thank you.

So basically you just create a Linear Parameter and then create 2 separate stretch actions for each end and link it to the Linear Parameter?

I think I need to go back through the basics again. I can't seem to get rid of Linear Parameter to link to the Stretch action. I also need to try and perfect the annotation part.

Thanks for showing me it can be done.

Very much appreciated.

Craig

Craig Davis

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 11:55:33 PM »
While I'm learning the basics in regards to the Linear Parameter.

Does anyone know why the annotative attribute is behaving differently to the annotative text in the block?

The only thing I can think of is it may be because I've made the block non-annotative.

I'm thinking that this may be just best done with simple lines and annotative text.