Author Topic: vlide ERROR  (Read 4865 times)

DanB

• Bull Frog
vlide ERROR
« on: May 03, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
AutoCAD 2007 (Civil 3d)

I recently have been running some tutorials on using the VLIDE editor from autocad. I now receive the following alert whenever I open a new drawing/start a new drawing.

Assignment to protected symbol:
C:AI_MOLC
Enter break loop?
Yes / No

I typically hit Yes and continue on with no apparent problems. I thought AI_MOLC was part of an express tools function (Make Object Layer Current "MOLC"). I checked through my LISP routines that load upon startup and have never had any problems with them. If I close AutoCAD and never use the VLIDE, I never get any messages/errors.

Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Thanks,
Dan

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: vlide ERROR
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 04:51:02 PM »
In the VLIDE, Tools -> Window options -> General options -> Select the "General" tab

Under "SETQ to protected symbols" change from "Prompt to enter break loop" to either "Transparent" or "Print message"

If you have opened VLIDE before loading expresstools, the error will always be generated. .. funny how Autodesk violates their own "rules" against using SETQ with a protected variable.
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »
Hi Dan,
Rather than changing the result, as Keith described, fix the cause. I've been harping on Adesk to fix this for quite some time, but it is STILL in the 2008 verticals.

This comes from the old "Express Tools", as you noted. The "where" is near the end of the Civil.mnl file.....it's about the fourth from last function defined....select the entire function and either delete it or comment it out.

Never will cause another problem...until a SP or newer version comes along. :-)

DanB

• Bull Frog
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 08:45:50 AM »
Thank you both for the replies and explanations. I was getting worried something in my own LISP routines was causing problems. I went ahead and commented out the function as Jeff explained, so far so good.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 08:49:46 AM »
Thank you both for the replies and explanations. I was getting worried something in my own LISP routines was causing problems. I went ahead and commented out the function as Jeff explained, so far so good.
It will be fine .. until you need that particular piece of code ...

Jeff_M

• King Gator
  • C3D user & customizer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 01:26:49 PM »
Keith, it's this code that causes the problem. This command is now a built-in Autocad command so I'm not sure why you'd ever need that code, or why they've left the lisp version of it in there......I know that removing that section of the MNL file hasn't affected anything I do for the past 2 years or so.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2007, 01:52:27 PM »
Well, there ya go ... if the function has already been replaced in AutoCAD then it won't create a problem ...