Author Topic: __* FREEWARE CAD Apps?*__  (Read 2277 times)

MSTG007

• Gator
  • I can't remeber what I already asked! I need help!
__* FREEWARE CAD Apps?*__
« on: June 25, 2004, 03:57:11 PM »
I am sorry i have to ask this. What types of cad freeware have you came accrossed? Anything big? help boost your productivity?
Civil3D 2020

AVCAD

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 04:01:04 PM »
Block managers...the one I got is called "CADLIBDU" forgot where I got it though its not the best but I didnt have to buy it. I use it on a network but it is touchy, I have to add the blocks in manually in text file. FOr some reason it doesnt do it automatically over a network. If it is on your local CPU it works great.

Look for LISP files these are always a big help. Script Files too. If you use scripts to print or somethig that will be done to multiple drawings go to AUTODESK and download the SCRIPTPRO program, its free and works really well.

Trev

Re: __* FREEWARE CAD Apps?*__
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 10:54:40 PM »
Quote from: MSTG007
I am sorry i have to ask this. What types of cad freeware have you came accrossed? Anything big? help boost your productivity?

Generally people are not going to write big programs (spending countless, read hundreds or thousands of hours) to increase productivity just to give away said program for free.

Obviously you will find many general tools, like the leader labeling type you requested.  You may even find a few larger time saving programs like the one AVCAD mentioned but in general you will have to purchase the programs that suit your drafting disipline.

Andrew H

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 10:25:53 AM »
I use CDG Purge 3.0 (http://www.caddevelopmentgroup.com/downloads.htm). It's free and works really well for purging unused information in ACAD drawings.

But there is a know bug. Applications other than ACAD (like LDD) have problems with the CDG Purge program, so use at your own risk and please make a backup of your drawing before using for the first fews times so you can tell if your program is going to have any trouble.