Author Topic: 2008 annotative text  (Read 3812 times)

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
2008 annotative text
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:31:23 AM »
I installed 08 today,  and was trying to create a new text style that is annotative, but couldn't find that property of text styles.  Anybody else found it yet?
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

sinc

Re: 2008 annotative text
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:42 PM »
You mean this?

sinc

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:13:02 PM »
Ah, forgot which group I'm in...

You're probably looking for it in the API, right?  Don't know about that.  I do know that the API has some gaping holes, and this may be one of them.  Or it might be hidden in there somewhere, I don't know.  Haven't tried working with Annotations via the API yet.

DaveW

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:22:46 PM »
Is this not the same Annotation object in the developer help in 2002, but just more exposure to the end user?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 11:25:55 PM by DaveW »

sinc

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 12:22:15 AM »
Is this not the same Annotation object in the developer help in 2002, but just more exposure to the end user?

Are you talking about Map Annotations?  Those are the only Annotation objects I know of.

Annotative styles are something else.  They're more like the auto-sizing labels in Civil-3D.  Text and dimension styles that are "Annotative" can be used with the 2008 "Annotative scale" to use one entity that displays in different sizes in different viewports.  It's for those situations where you would typically use multiple layers, such as a "Text-50scale" and a "Text-100scale" layer, and then VPFREEZE one or the other in various viewports.  Annotative styles let you use one text or dimension entity that appears correctly-sized in multiple viewports that have different zoom factors.

DaveW

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 09:05:47 AM »
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I never put dims in modelspace, but I know some do and can use this.

David Hall

• Automatic Duh Generator
  • King Gator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 10:05:41 AM »
From the above picture, yes, thats what I'm trying to do.  I think the gaping holes you are referring to has this one included.  Seems to me a simple True/False property would have taken care of it.  Oh well, guess we wont be setting it thru code.  BTW, I found that if you use Annotative Dims, you cant set the Dimscale variable thru code either.
Everyone has a photographic memory, Some just don't have film.
They say money can't buy happiness, but it can buy Bacon and that's a close second.
Sometimes the question is more important than the answer. (Thanks Kerry for reminding me)

DaveW

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »
BTW, I found that if you use Annotative Dims, you cant set the Dimscale variable thru code either.

Good info. Thanks