Author Topic: Strange error message  (Read 7239 times)

Brad B

Strange error message
« on: October 29, 2003, 12:35:42 PM »
I've been working on R2004 for several months now, but just this week I've been getting a strange error message when I try to use certain commands. (REDRAW and MASSPROP so far seem to be affected.)

The message goes something like this:

Command: redraw
Document "F:\your_drawing_name_here.dwg" has a command in progress.
Hit enter to cancel or [Retry]:

And it refuses to execute the command, even though no other command is running that I know of. It will work again however if I close and then re-open the drawing.

Does anyone know if this is a bug or else what process might concievably be running?

Thanks,
Brad

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Strange error message
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 12:39:01 PM »
This can happen if you have more than one dwg open. i.e. If you start a command in one dwg then switch to another without finishing the command you will get that type of error.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Brad B

Strange error message
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 02:07:37 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but that doesn't seem to be the case in my instance. I closed all other drawings that were open, and the problem persisted. The curious thing is that a REGEN will work, but a REDRAW will not. There seems to be no logic behind which commands are "offensive" that I can sae.

Brad

Mark

• Custom Title
  • Seagull
Strange error message
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 03:06:27 PM »
That is weird. Wish I had the answer but, I don't have a clue on this one.
TheSwamp.org  (serving the CAD community since 2003)

Bill::Meat4Brains

Strange error message
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 12:38:54 PM »
Does it have to do with some other invisable command?  I have seen similar after running orbit.  Even though I exited from orbit - something was retained.  I noticed it when I would press the save button on the toolbor.  Kinda unnerving that it comes up and you can't save!!  But I discoverd I could clear it by running the saveas command from the pull down menu.  after doing a saveas - even when writing over the same file name - it seemed to clear the issue and then the regular save and other functions worked again.

Ben

Strange error message
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2003, 10:59:24 PM »
Does your company use any custom commands?

Even if you cancel out of one of them, there may still be stuff in the background that is not releasing.

Best bet, (and trust me, it hurt me to have to do this when I started working for a company that had no concept of exit or error control when creating their custom macros) is to try laying off the ESC key during your drafting session.

Brad B

Strange error message
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 09:48:47 AM »
Thanks everyone.

Come to think of it, I have been using the ORBIT command extensively this week. I'll keep my eyes peeled to see if that might be the culprit.

On another note, I do have several very simple macro-style lisps that I use extensively, none with proper error catching / correcting (shame on me :oops: ). I doubt there are any open prcesses that they leave, though. Additionally, I should mention I'm a Mechanical Desktop user. Although no MD commands or features were used in the offending drawings.

Thanks,
Brad