Author Topic: Title Blocks are usually Placed in PaperSpace  (Read 20216 times)

CADaver

Title Blocks are usually Placed in PaperSpace
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2004, 12:09:26 PM »
Quote from: ML
OK, the answer is, you can't in Model

Mark
Limited imagination eh?

Sure you can, several ways.  One is just scale up the detail in modelspace.  We had tools to scale 'em up and down as needed and to set the right annotation sizes.  Since R11, you can XREF the detail into MS on the border at the proper scale and carry on.  Or block it in.  Or...  well there are several ways to skin that cat.

CADaver

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2004, 12:11:07 PM »
So, the bottom line is

It is an individual thing, I just think Paper is more versatile for your title block layouts.
Oh, I agree.

Just keep in mind that if you ever have an entry level person working with you and placing a title block in model, the chances of error are increased
Oh? why?  Scaling the detail is little different than scaling the zoom factor in the viewport.

ML

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2004, 12:13:38 PM »
I would NEVER scale anything up in Model
If a door is 36" wide in real life, it should ALWAYS be 36" in Model

If you scale anything up in Model, it should be the title block ONLY if you are going in that direction.

I just realized, there is one case where I do put a title block in Model

I have macros in work that we use to insert the title blocks into paperspace in our drawings

The source title block (blocked in drawing) needs to have the title block in Model Space as Paper space can not be blocked in.

Still, My title blocks are the actual and proper sizes (ie 17X22, 24X36) and so on