Author Topic: Point Group Manager - Killing Me Here  (Read 13247 times)

rugaroo

• Bull Frog
  • The Other CAD Guy
Point Group Manager - Killing Me Here
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 02:31:13 PM »
You've got yourself a deal...just make sure it is after December, so I can be 21 and enjoy 1 with you :). Let me know when you come out, and I will get you a good deal on room rates too :).
LDD06-09 | C3D 04-19 | Infraworks 360 | VS2012-VS2017

sinc

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2004, 09:52:44 PM »
A possibility:

In your point settings, on the Insert tab, do you have "Use Current Point Label Style When Inserting Points" set?

If yes, then check the "active deskeys only" point style.  In your Label menu, select "Edit Label Styles", and select the style named "active deskeys only".  Is the box marked "Turn Off Marker Text" checked?  If so, and you haven't configured any of the other options on this tab, then this is your problem.

LDD actually has TWO labels associated with each point.  One is a minimal label, called a marker, which can contain only a point symbol (which you must select from a limited selection), a deskey symbol (which can be any block), a point number, a description, and an elevation.  This marker is what people use most often, and what they generally mean when they say "point label".  However, AutoCAD also has a point label, which is fully customizable, and lets you label points with anything, including data you have referenced in from an external database.  But you have to set up the label style, first; that's what all the settings on this page are for.  An individual point can be labeled with just the point, just the marker, or both.

sinc

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2004, 10:19:16 PM »
Ah, wait, that doesn't explain the fact that you can't highlight an item in the point group manager.  I've never seen that...  Sounds like something's wrong.

Wait...  You can't HIGHTLIGHT a point in the point group manager, right?  You should be able to do that.  You cannot, however, SELECT a point, to edit it, for example.  You have to go into "Edit Points" to do that.  The "Edit Points" screen and the point group manager look almost the same.  I frequently try to edit a point in the point group manager, then realize I can't.  (Hey, sounds like a wish-list item...)