Author Topic: (Microstation) Anyone here use Triforma?  (Read 2273 times)

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
(Microstation) Anyone here use Triforma?
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:52:25 PM »
I've just been reading thru the standards for the next phase of drawing work which requires work to be modeled in 3d using triforma.

Just want to know if anyone here has knowledge of it

Thanks for explaining the word "many" to me, it means a lot.

pmvliet

Re: Anyone here use Triforma?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:20:35 PM »
Where I use to work, we used Triforma but I can't tell you much about it.
When Scooter gets around to scooting on in, he'll be able to shed much light, so just ask your questions and I will call him to check in on us  :-D

Pieter

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »
Thanks Pieter.

I'm not sure of the timeframe for this yet. I have just looked at the standards book and thought OMG I dont know how to do this.

I'll try to find out more soon, and see if I can get on a training course of some kind too

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 09:30:11 AM »
Sorry for going AWOL, but you know bosses. They actually expect you to get things done!

Triforma is the intermediary level of programming between MicroStation and all of their discipline specific applications. You can create 3D geometry but it's not as automated of intelligent as the discipline specific stuff.

If you're not used to working in 3D it's going to take a little getting used to, regardless of which program you use. What is it that you're struggling with?

jonesy

• SuperMod
  • Seagull
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 09:41:56 AM »
I have never even seen triforma, and I am not exactly sure when we are supposed to be having it installed on our computers, when we will be expected to start working with it. I'm not even sure what it is capable of.

I guess, for the moment, I was just "fishing" to see if anyone else had experience using it. :-)

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 10:33:20 AM »
It's an application the "rides" on top of MicroStation. all you'll really notice is that you'll have a few more toolbars (you can never have too many toolbars!). The interface won't change significantly, you'll just have more tools that make working in the 3D environment a little easier.

No need to freak out, you'll be fine.

pmvliet

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 08:06:33 PM »
I believe Triforma uses different icon's in the toolbar buttons.
That part really confused me when one day when I open Microstation and Triforma has been integrated with different buttons...

Those IT people  :pissed:

Pieter

ps: Hi Scooter  :lmao: