Author Topic: visibility states question.  (Read 5866 times)

Barry Clark

visibility states question.
« on: March 20, 2007, 01:08:44 PM »
ok, I have  a block with visibility states. I have added objects to it that I want to show in all visibility states. Is there a quick and easy way to make this happen without going into every state and making those objects visible.

Re: visibility states question.
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
I don't believe so (unless I'm missing something incredibly obvious).

Barry Clark

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 02:11:26 PM »
That is my worry... that there is something VERY obvious that I am just not getting.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
Select object... right click... on the right click menu go to "object visibility" and select "show for all states"

:)

Barry Clark

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:33:14 PM »
Crap.... wouldn't you know.  :oops: Thanks a bunch.  :wink:

Josh Nieman

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »
I only just learned that when making a dynamic block with all the P.E. stamps for every state a couple guys here are licensed in... I thought of this post actually after I learned it and lo and behold... it pops up in the "recently unread" list a couple hours later.

ELOQUINTET

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 04:48:52 PM »
wow i didn't know that either, learning something new everyday. so i can copy parameters and actions across states it appears, time saver. it would be great if say you copied a linear stretch to all states the objects that crossed it's window would automatically get added to that action. thanks for the tip

whdjr

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 08:47:01 AM »
Dan,  you don't have to turn on all your actions and parameters in all vis states for them to work.  They will work fine hidden as well as visible.  You just have to be able to control them either thru another parameter in that vis state or turn on the grip for that parameter.

Kate M

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 01:24:51 PM »
For the other command line junkies out there, it's BVSHOW.