Author Topic: Swamp Modeling Invitational  (Read 24505 times)

Birdy

Re: Swamp Modeling Invitational
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 06:49:59 PM »
Josh anything would benefit me, since I know jack about that kinda stuff.
Never been a money-maker for us.

daron

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2007, 11:24:12 PM »
Not my office, but something I've been working on. Yes, Autocad material editor sucks. Take note of the cylindrical tower in the back. That's supposed to be Austin stone, but it stretched it. Yes, I could have done it in Viz render, but it's still not as good as the real thing. Yes, the facetres could be higher. All-in-all though, I like how easy it is to work in ADT. As for a good modeling and render engine, for those of you looking at 3ds or Maya, etc. If you want something like 3ds, give blender a try. You will have to read the tutorials, though. It's nothing like you've ever seen before. At least, I've never seen its type of layout before.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 11:30:29 PM by Daron »

Josh Nieman

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2007, 12:50:50 AM »
Yes, Autocad material editor sucks. Take note of the cylindrical tower in the back. That's supposed to be Austin stone, but it stretched it.

It did that even with cylindrical mapping selected instead of box?

Pretty spiffy render, none the less... I find outdoors renders the hardest to do well in Autocad :(

daron

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
That is cylindrical mapping. I tried every type of mapping. I even tried rotating the dummy object or whatever that thing's called. On one of the renderings, I just copied and pasted the first tower into a selection in the GIMP, then airbrushed in a shadow. Looked a little dirty, but still better than what's there.

Josh Nieman

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »
So Matt... any progress to speak of on your office building?

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 01:17:00 PM »
Nope.  But they HAVE started demo'ing the cube-farm 3 doors down from me.  As if being sick isn't bad enough.... Now I have to deal with the sound of saws AND sawdust.  Woo-fricking-hoo.   :x

Maverick®

• Seagull
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 01:21:47 PM »
  *Packing up cheese to accompany his favorite beverage for Matt*

:-D

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2007, 01:29:57 PM »
I'm not whining.... Just.... venting my frustrations about being sick... again.  I've been relatively healthy for about 10 days and then.. *WHAM!*  I get hit with another cold.   :realmad:

Krushert

• Seagull
  • FREE BEER Tomorrow!!
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 01:38:15 PM »
I'm not whining.... Just.... venting my frustrations about being sick... again.  I've been relatively healthy for about 10 days and then.. *WHAM!*  I get hit with another cold.   :realmad:
Well if you would not sleep too close to the ....
Stop Ted Just Stop
Ahh never mind I am going to behave.
I + XI = X is true ...  ... if you change your perspective.

I no longer CAD or Model, I just hang out here picking up the empties beer cans

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2007, 01:52:24 PM »
Well if you would not sleep too close to the ....
Stop Ted Just Stop
Ahh never mind I am going to behave.
:?