Author Topic: Purge all drawings in directory  (Read 7448 times)

T.Willey

• Needs a day job
Re: Purge all drawings in directory
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
Keith™,

I said you could delete items from within a drawing opened with ObjectDBX, but you couldn't purge, so I don't think I got your idea wrong.  I have had problems with erasing mline definitions in the dictionary (iirc) that are in use, so you would have to search the drawing for any mlines, then save the name of the style, then make sure the style isn't in your list before you delete it.

Vinny,

You're welcome.

Correct, there is no purge method, but there is a delete method for all objects, including tables, thus you CAN iterate through all of the blocks in the block table and delete those not referenced, the same is true for linetypes, mline styles, textstyles, dimension styles, etc ...
Yup.
Tim

I don't want to ' end-up ', I want to ' become '. - Me

Please think about donating if this post helped you.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
Re: Purge all drawings in directory
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »
Keith™,

I said you could delete items from within a drawing opened with ObjectDBX, but you couldn't purge, so I don't think I got your idea wrong.  I have had problems with erasing mline definitions in the dictionary (iirc) that are in use, so you would have to search the drawing for any mlines, then save the name of the style, then make sure the style isn't in your list before you delete it.

Vinny,

You're welcome.

Correct, there is no purge method, but there is a delete method for all objects, including tables, thus you CAN iterate through all of the blocks in the block table and delete those not referenced, the same is true for linetypes, mline styles, textstyles, dimension styles, etc ...
Yup.

.. and the end result would be the same as if you had purged the drawing ...
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie