Author Topic: help me to start  (Read 4916 times)

Fuccaro

help me to start
« on: May 27, 2004, 10:00:27 AM »
In AutoCAD (2k4) I press Alt+F11 and a new window “Microsoft Visual Basic” appear on my screen. I go to Insert > User Form. Now my hard disc goes crazy for about 10 seconds, I am back in AutoCAD with an error message on the screen:
“FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at c752b92h”
I click OK and a new error message tells me: “The instruction at 0x6212a8a7 referenced memory at 0x0b980854. The memory could not be read...”
What I am doing wrong? I need to reinstall AutoCAD?

hendie

help me to start
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 10:15:59 AM »
it sounds like it.
if I remember correectly, there is an issue if you have installed MS Office and the order in which both MS Office and Autocad were installed.

I think Autocad should be installed after MS Office ~ can someone confirm that for me ?

you could always try a repair/reinstall to see if that makes any difference
sorry I can't be of more help.

Keith™

• Villiage Idiot
  • Seagull
  • Superior Stupidity at its best
help me to start
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 11:15:10 AM »
I installed Office after AutoCAD and had no problem.. but I agree it is with the VBA installation in AutoCAD
Proud provider of opinion and arrogance since November 22, 2003 at 09:35:31 am
CadJockey Militia Field Marshal

Find me on https://parler.com @kblackie

Trev

help me to start
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 10:01:22 PM »
Yes I recall the same thing Hendie.
I have seen that problem with ms office installed after acad, although I didn't try re-installing acad.
I did find on a search across the internet. That there was a problem with the poduct key from microsoft it clashed with acad for some reason. I had found an alternative key and used that for success.

Fuccaro

Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 01:51:38 AM »
Thanks to you, my friends, the problem is solved. I don’t have administrator rights on my computer so I asked the IT man and he used the REPAIR option as Hendie suggested.
What a great idea to save the user profile, the blocks and the user-defined menus!
Thank you again!

Fuccaro

help me to start
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 04:31:05 AM »
More help please…
I try to teach myself VBA. I can’t make the next step forward and I can’t find what I need in the help file.

I have some background: I played in the past with the Visual Basic and I created some simple exe files. I thought it will be simple to switch to VBA –and probable it is simple, but for sure I am missing something.

Can someone please explain me step by step how to build a very basic application? Something basic, say: move a circle with 100 units in X or Y direction, at the user’s choice.

Thanks!

hendie

help me to start
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 11:13:29 AM »
fuccaro,
I'm at home this weekend so I don't have anything handy, but wait until next week and I can send you something which should get you started